Thank the Lord!
So the mechanic never did call me before 12:30. I borrowed Mama's car and just spent the afternoon at Sis2's house with her and the kids. Emmy was there having come to town on a short trip with her daddy anyway so it was a good time to visit. We did craft projects and watched Sprout network. Lyssa helped me eat the small fries I'd gotten for lunch and Ethan showed off his newest skill--he can walk behind a little push toy all by himself! Little booger's gonna be walking on his own before he's a year old, I'll bet. :-)
We did all have a lot of fun so I guess you could say that it worked out better than my plan anyway. Those kids are growing up so fast and it's definitely good to remain a part of that. I want to instill as much of my insanity on them while they're young and impressionable as I can! :-D
While I was there, I did get the call I'd been waiting for...at about 1:15. *shakes head* My car was ready and all it had been was the gas cap not screwed on tightly enough. The best part?? NO CHARGE!! Hallelujah Praise the Lord!
Especially since Mama's car had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and the shop she took hers to charged her $50!
Anyway, the girls were going to be spending the night with Nana and Bobo so I loaded them up in Nana's car and took them to the library to pick up Nana. We went in so Nana could show them off like the proud grandmother she is. We should have stayed in the car, though. While we were walking in it started clouding up and Emmy warned, "It's fixin' to rain, Aunt Jana."
Sure enough, by the time we were ready to leave, it was POURING down rain. Nana only had one umbrella and two kids to get to the car. So. Guess who got elected to run out and drive the car around to the building?? Guess who also got soaking wet??
If you guessed "Jana" you guessed correctly. Nana didn't even give me the umbrella! Seriously, by the time I got to the car I may as well have jumped in a lake. I think I couldn't have been any wetter if I had. Nice image to take with me to the mechanic, huh? *sigh*
Good news, though. I didn't melt. Go figure.
Emmy, though...Little Miss Drama Queen...she got a little wet getting into the car and you'd have thought she was melting. That is, until Nana pointed out how wet I was. Once Emmy touched the back of my soaking wet shirt and ponytail, she conceded that I had her beat on the whole being wet thing.
Got my car picked up though and the mechanic was super nice. Car's find so far as I can tell. Thank the Lord!
Mama and the girls stopped and got pizza on the way home and called me while I was doing my 30 minute routine to ask if I wanted to come over when they got home. Thankfully they had about 30 minutes before they'd be home so I had plenty of time to finish my routine and get cleaned up.
I haven't talked to either of my parents about everything I'm doing to lose weight. I don't need the hassle. In the past whenever I have talked about it, they think it's soooo funny. Even as they try to be supportive, they still think it's funny. And maybe it is. I mean, I do have a thoroughly hilarious history when it comes to losing weight. I don't blame them for not taking me seriously. But I also know that my motivation doesn't need the kick in the teeth. So when I answered the phone all out of breath I let Mama think that it was because I was outside with Libby.
Sis2's the only person off the Internet who knows even a little bit about what I'm doing. And I only talked to her about it because she's trying to lose some weight, too. She knows how I feel and can commiserate and we can support each other. But I just can't deal with the folks.
I did go over to eat pizza with them. I had three slices of thin crust sausage, pepperoni and ham. I know. But it was good and I enjoyed it and it will probably be the last Pizza Hut pizza I eat for a long while. And I think I had enough of a calorie deficit to absorb it without big problem.
The girls were too busy playing with Nana to have to much interest in playing with me so I mostly sat and chatted with Daddy. He was in a chatty mood, oddly enough. I guess he has his moments. lol It was nice, though, since he and I don't really chat all that often. Not really. I mean, we kid around a lot and occasionally we talk about the length of the grass in my yard. But we don't usually talk alone all that often just for the sake of talking. It was weird. Nice...but weird. ;-)
I guess I got home around 8:30 or so and I was too wound up to sit still. So I put a CD on and danced around for a while, trying to tire myself out enough to sleep. Worked for a little while but I woke up at 2 a.ma and could NOT go back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour, a bunch of junk running through my head. Worrying about things that aren't even mine to worry about. And nothing I can fix anyway so I don't know why I let it keep me awake. At about 3am I gave up and just turned the lamp on to read. Finished book 4 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels that I was 3/4 of the way through and then picked up the Tara Taylor Quinn I'd also begun reading a few weeks prior. Got halfway through it before I decided to get up and head to town for groceries. Yep. I got up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning and was at Wal-Mart shortly after they opened at 6. I was home by a little before 7:30 or so.
After I ate breakfast and showered, I passed out for about an hour and almost slept through the time I should have been getting ready for work. Eep! But I made it to work on time and am sitting here typing this while one lone patron browses our collection of old university yearbooks. I've got an hour to go. Please, time, hurry up.
See ya'll Monday! Have a good one!
We did all have a lot of fun so I guess you could say that it worked out better than my plan anyway. Those kids are growing up so fast and it's definitely good to remain a part of that. I want to instill as much of my insanity on them while they're young and impressionable as I can! :-D
While I was there, I did get the call I'd been waiting for...at about 1:15. *shakes head* My car was ready and all it had been was the gas cap not screwed on tightly enough. The best part?? NO CHARGE!! Hallelujah Praise the Lord!
Especially since Mama's car had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and the shop she took hers to charged her $50!
Anyway, the girls were going to be spending the night with Nana and Bobo so I loaded them up in Nana's car and took them to the library to pick up Nana. We went in so Nana could show them off like the proud grandmother she is. We should have stayed in the car, though. While we were walking in it started clouding up and Emmy warned, "It's fixin' to rain, Aunt Jana."
Sure enough, by the time we were ready to leave, it was POURING down rain. Nana only had one umbrella and two kids to get to the car. So. Guess who got elected to run out and drive the car around to the building?? Guess who also got soaking wet??
If you guessed "Jana" you guessed correctly. Nana didn't even give me the umbrella! Seriously, by the time I got to the car I may as well have jumped in a lake. I think I couldn't have been any wetter if I had. Nice image to take with me to the mechanic, huh? *sigh*
Good news, though. I didn't melt. Go figure.
Emmy, though...Little Miss Drama Queen...she got a little wet getting into the car and you'd have thought she was melting. That is, until Nana pointed out how wet I was. Once Emmy touched the back of my soaking wet shirt and ponytail, she conceded that I had her beat on the whole being wet thing.
Got my car picked up though and the mechanic was super nice. Car's find so far as I can tell. Thank the Lord!
Mama and the girls stopped and got pizza on the way home and called me while I was doing my 30 minute routine to ask if I wanted to come over when they got home. Thankfully they had about 30 minutes before they'd be home so I had plenty of time to finish my routine and get cleaned up.
I haven't talked to either of my parents about everything I'm doing to lose weight. I don't need the hassle. In the past whenever I have talked about it, they think it's soooo funny. Even as they try to be supportive, they still think it's funny. And maybe it is. I mean, I do have a thoroughly hilarious history when it comes to losing weight. I don't blame them for not taking me seriously. But I also know that my motivation doesn't need the kick in the teeth. So when I answered the phone all out of breath I let Mama think that it was because I was outside with Libby.
Sis2's the only person off the Internet who knows even a little bit about what I'm doing. And I only talked to her about it because she's trying to lose some weight, too. She knows how I feel and can commiserate and we can support each other. But I just can't deal with the folks.
I did go over to eat pizza with them. I had three slices of thin crust sausage, pepperoni and ham. I know. But it was good and I enjoyed it and it will probably be the last Pizza Hut pizza I eat for a long while. And I think I had enough of a calorie deficit to absorb it without big problem.
The girls were too busy playing with Nana to have to much interest in playing with me so I mostly sat and chatted with Daddy. He was in a chatty mood, oddly enough. I guess he has his moments. lol It was nice, though, since he and I don't really chat all that often. Not really. I mean, we kid around a lot and occasionally we talk about the length of the grass in my yard. But we don't usually talk alone all that often just for the sake of talking. It was weird. Nice...but weird. ;-)
I guess I got home around 8:30 or so and I was too wound up to sit still. So I put a CD on and danced around for a while, trying to tire myself out enough to sleep. Worked for a little while but I woke up at 2 a.ma and could NOT go back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour, a bunch of junk running through my head. Worrying about things that aren't even mine to worry about. And nothing I can fix anyway so I don't know why I let it keep me awake. At about 3am I gave up and just turned the lamp on to read. Finished book 4 of the Sookie Stackhouse novels that I was 3/4 of the way through and then picked up the Tara Taylor Quinn I'd also begun reading a few weeks prior. Got halfway through it before I decided to get up and head to town for groceries. Yep. I got up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning and was at Wal-Mart shortly after they opened at 6. I was home by a little before 7:30 or so.
After I ate breakfast and showered, I passed out for about an hour and almost slept through the time I should have been getting ready for work. Eep! But I made it to work on time and am sitting here typing this while one lone patron browses our collection of old university yearbooks. I've got an hour to go. Please, time, hurry up.
See ya'll Monday! Have a good one!
Comments