Back on Track

So, after last week's emotional roller coaster with the scales, I'm finally back on track. Whatever it was weighing me down last week (literally!) is gone. I weighed yesterday and it was the number I'd last weighed in the Friday before. (Aug 13) I weighed the same thing this morning so (hopefully) that means it's my actual weight. Which *drumroll* puts me at having officially lost seven pounds in 6 weeks. That's just over a pound a week which is exactly what I've been working toward. So yay!

And I owe it all to my handy dandy refusal to be beaten by the scale. :-D

I have officially begun doing 45 minute "walks" twice a week, 30 minute "walks" twice a week and a fifteen minute walk once a week. I think (in my infinite wisdom...NOT) that that variation will work well in keeping both my metabolism and my motivation going.

Meanwhile, I am now bringing my own lunch to work. (In case you didn't know, my mother used to bring enough lunch for me since we work in the same building.) This will be good because now, at least, I can better control what (and how much) I eat at lunch. Lunch used to be my biggest trial because Mama used to bring "real" food. And plenty of it and didn't like taking leftovers home. Which was bad for Jana's weight even while it was good for my debit card AND my taste buds.  This, my first week, I bought convenience type items all costing a dollar or under and all weighing in under 400 calories. (Sometimes under 300.) It's quick, it's cheap and it helps keep my calorie count in the safety zone.

Now that ya'll are all asleep from sheer boredom, here's a gratuitous Ethan shot.  He was playing a "hiding" game in between bites of asparagus.


Comments

JenFS said…
Congrats on meeting your goals, Jana! Super awesome. I try to keep extra soups and oatmeal and nutrigrain bars in my cabinet at work because they are lower calorie and if I forget lunch, or need an extra snack, I have some healthy alternatives instead of hitting the vending machine.

PS. Love the Ethan pic! :)
Heather said…
Way to go, Jana!

Jen's idea of keeping stuff at work (if you can) is a good one. Since I have no access to vending machines or fast food, I often keep soup at work "just in case," especially during winter.
Jana said…
Thanks ya'll. :-)

I always bring a snack to work (enough for the week) like a box of crackers or special k snack bars...something low in calories but enough to keep me satisfied until lunch.

Fortunately, we don't have vending machines in the library. For vending machines I hafta walk across the street and down a long hallway. Meaning, I gotta be REALLY desperate!

Bagel's...Well, they're readily available in the building (at Einstein's) but they cost enough to make me REALLY think about them before I go buy one. lol
JenFS said…
I LOVE Special K snack bars! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today