I'd give you a weekend review...
...but it'd just put you to sleep. For reelz. Weekend of boring. Just me cleaning and shopping and laid out on the couch in front of the boob tube.
Fun reading, no?
One thing I did do that might not put you to sleep is watch Dear John. I watched it twice. Been waiting to get if from Netflix for, like, EVER! so I figured I'd get my wait's worth. It's a pretty good movie, too. And can I just say...Channing Tatum is like, hot all over with a side of "make me drool" sexy? Oh. My. Stars. (True confession? The second viewing of Dear John was mostly just me drooling over "John." YUM.) Something about that hot body/handsome face in such a touching broody stoic and sensitive hero of a movie character just really...well. Okay. Not to overshare, but, yeah. He wouldn't have to beg. LOL (okay, so maybe a little overshare?)
Second best part of the film, though? I don't wanna spoil it for ya but, it totally had a glimmer of a Happily-Ever-After, unlike most Nick Sparks books-to-movies. (I quit reading Nick because of the lack of HEA's. Who wants to suffer through twenty chapters of true love angst only to have one of the characters die? I'm talking to you, Message in a Bottle and A Walk to Remember.)
Incidentally, I had such a vivid dream about Mr. Tatum Saturday night that when I woke up Sunday morning I expected him to be next to me. (Too much overshare?) *shivers*
Anyway, that's the fun stuff.
Fun reading, no?
One thing I did do that might not put you to sleep is watch Dear John. I watched it twice. Been waiting to get if from Netflix for, like, EVER! so I figured I'd get my wait's worth. It's a pretty good movie, too. And can I just say...Channing Tatum is like, hot all over with a side of "make me drool" sexy? Oh. My. Stars. (True confession? The second viewing of Dear John was mostly just me drooling over "John." YUM.) Something about that hot body/handsome face in such a touching broody stoic and sensitive hero of a movie character just really...well. Okay. Not to overshare, but, yeah. He wouldn't have to beg. LOL (okay, so maybe a little overshare?)
Second best part of the film, though? I don't wanna spoil it for ya but, it totally had a glimmer of a Happily-Ever-After, unlike most Nick Sparks books-to-movies. (I quit reading Nick because of the lack of HEA's. Who wants to suffer through twenty chapters of true love angst only to have one of the characters die? I'm talking to you, Message in a Bottle and A Walk to Remember.)
Incidentally, I had such a vivid dream about Mr. Tatum Saturday night that when I woke up Sunday morning I expected him to be next to me. (Too much overshare?) *shivers*
Anyway, that's the fun stuff.
Comments
"Who wants to suffer through twenty chapters of true love angst only to have one of the characters die? I'm talking to you, Message in a Bottle and A Walk to Remember."
Don't forget The Notebook in there as well. I've never read Sparks, only seen two of the movies. I was angry at the way Message ended, felt cheated in fact. You know it's bad when guys are complaining about what a sucky ending it was on the way out of the theater! As for The Notebook... That ending is both sad and poignant. Sigh.
At least he finally joined RWA so he could learn how romances are supposed to end! Don't know if it's made any difference, though. And it really irritates me hen people say he writes romance. He doesn't. He writers women's fiction. There is a difference, as we well know.
Glad to hear you liked Dear John. Perhaps I'll get round to seeing it some time. Maybe. *g*
Don't forget Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Have you EVER read that? OMG! *SPOILER* I love love loved the story, poignant, beautiful, and moving, but such a sad, tear at your soul ending. I was actually mad at him for writing it that way. Why would he DO that? It hurt.
Although I loved the Notebook, it was the end of their lives and not a young, sad death.
So glad you loved Dear John, too. You couldn't be mad at her for marrying the other guy, neither could John. It was a really well made movie. I drooled a little, too... ;)
I haven't read Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas. Probably I don't want to if it's that big of a heartache in the end. I went through that with a Jen Weiner novel and still haven't entirely gotten over it. lol
Heather~The ending in the book version of The Notebook was a different kind of sad than the movie. In the book (spoiler alert!) neither of them die. At least, I'm for sure Noah doesn't because he's in the sequel to it. But the true sad in it is that he forever loves her as much as he always did and her mind is such that she only remembers him for small amounts of time. Kinda rips your heart out, it does. I actually liked the movie ending better and how they died together.
Dear John, IMHO, has the best of ending for one of his movies. I mean, there is a period of tears but not for the romance. *g*