My Other Babies
Emmy is a good little babysitter. Both of her younger cousins adore her. No matter who has either of them in their arms, when Emmy walks in the room they reach for her. And when she needs to put them down? (you know, to go potty and whatnot?) she has to peel them off of her to get them to go to someone else.
But then I can understand their affection for her. I'm pretty fond of her, myself. She's such a sweet natured little girl. Well, not so little anymore. She'll be eleven in November. ELEVEN. *sob* Mah, bay-bee's growin' up too fast! Before I know it, she'll be sixteen and refusing to come to MS to see her decripit ol' Aunt Jana. That's why I soak up every bit of Emmy love that I can now.
Ethan-man (or Efan, as Lyssa calls him)...well, he's just such a little man. You know, when Alyssa was a baby, she took to the pacifier the day after she was born and refused to give it up until she was nearly 2. Sis2 and Goofus had to convince her that it had flown out the window or some such nonsense. But Ethan? He refused to take a pacifier, choosing instead to suck his first two fingers. Which you can sorta see in the picture. But, funny little man that he is, he has this thing where he covers his face with his other hand while he's sucking his fingers. Like he thinks you can't tell what he's doing if he covers it up. *shakes head* Too cute, he is. I'd love hear what Sis2 and Goofus come up with to convince him to stop sucking his fingers!
And do you know that the little stinker will be a year old in October? *sob* All mah bay-bee's is growin' up.
Man, I tell you. If anyone had asked me eleven years ago if I thought I could love some kids this much? I'd've laughed in their faces. Now I don't think I could love any kids more than I do these three.
But then I can understand their affection for her. I'm pretty fond of her, myself. She's such a sweet natured little girl. Well, not so little anymore. She'll be eleven in November. ELEVEN. *sob* Mah, bay-bee's growin' up too fast! Before I know it, she'll be sixteen and refusing to come to MS to see her decripit ol' Aunt Jana. That's why I soak up every bit of Emmy love that I can now.
Ethan-man (or Efan, as Lyssa calls him)...well, he's just such a little man. You know, when Alyssa was a baby, she took to the pacifier the day after she was born and refused to give it up until she was nearly 2. Sis2 and Goofus had to convince her that it had flown out the window or some such nonsense. But Ethan? He refused to take a pacifier, choosing instead to suck his first two fingers. Which you can sorta see in the picture. But, funny little man that he is, he has this thing where he covers his face with his other hand while he's sucking his fingers. Like he thinks you can't tell what he's doing if he covers it up. *shakes head* Too cute, he is. I'd love hear what Sis2 and Goofus come up with to convince him to stop sucking his fingers!
And do you know that the little stinker will be a year old in October? *sob* All mah bay-bee's is growin' up.
Man, I tell you. If anyone had asked me eleven years ago if I thought I could love some kids this much? I'd've laughed in their faces. Now I don't think I could love any kids more than I do these three.

Comments