Quick Drive-By
Where does the day go? Sheesh. I was about to tweet something stupid and I remembered...I haven't even blogged yet today! SHAME. So naturally, the blog comes before stupid tweet. So here's what I was about to tweet...
Healthy food tips for the day: A veggie tray always cancels out the sliver of Texas sheetcake you just ate.
Except I'm not sure that would have been 140 characters or less. Twitter makes me be quick. Except I end up spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to cut my tweet by 20 characters or so to make it fit and still make sense. Oy.
Also, Texas sheetcake?? YUM. I don't know what was better...the cake? or the icing? And I'm not usually much of a cake fan. But this was delicious. Thin, moist and chocolately. Not cakey at all. I think there's a similar recipe in The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook that I'm going to have to try and see if it's as good.
Not that I need to be baking (or eating) cakes. :-/
Oh, I also had a bit of Christian "wisdom" to share. The whole "give and ye shall receive" thing? Totally true! Just a small sample that's been working on me lately.
A few weeks ago the local Sunday paper inserts all had coupons for free Frappes from McDonald's. My mom gave me the one from her Sunday paper because she knows how I love Frappes. Color me all excited. Well, that same day while I was reading newspapers for clipping, I came across all the Sunday papers and ended up with like, five of those things. While admittedly, yes, I was tempted to keep them all for myself I gave two of them to one friend (who loves them as much as I do) and one to another friend who claims to like them, so that I had two of the coupons.
The next week, by chance, Mama found one of them in my grandmother's newspapers that she was taking to be recycled and she gave it to me. Then a few days later while I was at Sis2's house she came up and handed me a coupon that had come with the drink she'd gotten at Micky D's the day before...a coupon for a free Frappe.
Now, I know that logically I may have ended up with those two extras anyway but deep in my heart I know that Jesus was rewarding me for sharing something I wanted when I really didn't have to. And therein lies the lesson: Give and ye shall receive. Give without expecting to receive, though. Give because you want to. Because you know it will bring someone else pleasure. Not because you hope to be rewarded. When I gave those coupons away, yeah, I was tempted to keep them all for myself but I knew that E. would enjoy them as much as I would and A. would appreciate the gesture.
So that's my little bit of "wisdome" for the day.
Now, I really gotta jet! (And so much for keeping it quick! lol) Catch ya'll tomorrow!
Healthy food tips for the day: A veggie tray always cancels out the sliver of Texas sheetcake you just ate.
Except I'm not sure that would have been 140 characters or less. Twitter makes me be quick. Except I end up spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to cut my tweet by 20 characters or so to make it fit and still make sense. Oy.
Also, Texas sheetcake?? YUM. I don't know what was better...the cake? or the icing? And I'm not usually much of a cake fan. But this was delicious. Thin, moist and chocolately. Not cakey at all. I think there's a similar recipe in The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook that I'm going to have to try and see if it's as good.
Not that I need to be baking (or eating) cakes. :-/
Oh, I also had a bit of Christian "wisdom" to share. The whole "give and ye shall receive" thing? Totally true! Just a small sample that's been working on me lately.
A few weeks ago the local Sunday paper inserts all had coupons for free Frappes from McDonald's. My mom gave me the one from her Sunday paper because she knows how I love Frappes. Color me all excited. Well, that same day while I was reading newspapers for clipping, I came across all the Sunday papers and ended up with like, five of those things. While admittedly, yes, I was tempted to keep them all for myself I gave two of them to one friend (who loves them as much as I do) and one to another friend who claims to like them, so that I had two of the coupons.
The next week, by chance, Mama found one of them in my grandmother's newspapers that she was taking to be recycled and she gave it to me. Then a few days later while I was at Sis2's house she came up and handed me a coupon that had come with the drink she'd gotten at Micky D's the day before...a coupon for a free Frappe.
Now, I know that logically I may have ended up with those two extras anyway but deep in my heart I know that Jesus was rewarding me for sharing something I wanted when I really didn't have to. And therein lies the lesson: Give and ye shall receive. Give without expecting to receive, though. Give because you want to. Because you know it will bring someone else pleasure. Not because you hope to be rewarded. When I gave those coupons away, yeah, I was tempted to keep them all for myself but I knew that E. would enjoy them as much as I would and A. would appreciate the gesture.
So that's my little bit of "wisdome" for the day.
Now, I really gotta jet! (And so much for keeping it quick! lol) Catch ya'll tomorrow!
Comments