Tuesday Fun Stuff
*The virus on the computer at my desk got "cleaned" Friday. Late, late LATE Friday. As in, 15 minutes before I was set to go home. But. Still no internet. Systems dude told me before he left to play around on it for a bit and let him know if there were any problems. So I dutifully logged on to the internet to "play around" and...Ugh. No connection. So I emailed him. And as of this morning, I've still not had anyone come restore internet connection to the computer at my desk. (I'm writing from the ref. desk computer.) So if you're wondering why I'm not commenting on blogs, twitter or facebook, that's why. Not that you've probably even noticed my abscense, right? lol
*Figuring out new ways to save money is rough. Literally. *sigh* I finally broke down this weekend and bought cheap toilet paper. Having been a Charmin girl for so long, my behind isn't thanking me for that at all. Not one bit. But, I saved $2 and was able to buy everything on my list and a couple of extras that I realized I needed. So. Sorry behind. Just suffer through it.
*Ya'll recall all that whining I've been doing the past couple of years about not being married and thinking I might one day want to be but sad because I'm pretty sure it'll never happen? Well, forget I said anything. I must've been freakin' out of my mind. Why in heaven would I want to get married??? No. I'm staying single and if I ever get maudlin about that fact I've had plenty of good examples over the past few days of why I am THRILLED to be single. I'll just remind myself of these up close and personal examples and get over it. Seriously. Ugh.
*I'm taking off at ten to go help Sis2 with her house. And dang...I just remembered that I forgot my stinkin' camera. I was gonna do befores and afters. Anyway, Lyssa's third birthday (can ya'll believe she's going to be THREE??) is Saturday and they're giving her a little party. Sis2 wanted to get the kids' bedrooms decorated and cleaned before the party so I offered to take off and help her. We've been brainstorming ideas for weeks so we'll see if any of them come out right. Well, I'll see. Ya'll won't since I forgot my stupid camera. Well, actually, I'm going over there tomorrow, too. So maybe I'll get a few after shots anyway.
*I'm officially down 6lbs. Woo! Which means, I'm officially back to the weight I was before Paw-Paw died and I went spiraling out of control. I feel really good and am actually enjoying this new routine. I look forward to my walk times and feel awful when I have to miss it. So far I think I've only missed maybe three times. Either I got home too late or had some place to be (church, usually) that I didn't want to get sweaty and gross. And really, the sweaty and gross factor are the only things I hate about working out. lol
I started the "trim and tone" portion of the walking video last night. It's the third level of intensity that I'll be gradually adding into my routine. It uses two to three pound weights that you do these toning excercises with while walking and moving. I kinda sucked at it last night. I totally lack the coordination to do opposing arms and legs movement. LOL But I'll try to work it in two days a week since you're supposed to give yourself two to three days between any kind of weight lifting activity.
I need to start working in some crunches or something, too. I've got this aweful "overhang" of a belly and it's driving me nuts! LOL I think that belly is the thing I dislike most about my body. I mean, yeah, I'm all over fat but the rest of my fat in in perportion. Except that belly overhang. It sticks out like a sore thumb. But crunches are haaaaarrrrddd. (she said with a distinct whine in her voice. hehe)
*I think I'm gonna hafta wind up this post. I've got 30 minutes before I leave and I have stuff (actual WORK) that needs doing before I go. So ya'll peace out and have a fabulous Tuesday.
*Figuring out new ways to save money is rough. Literally. *sigh* I finally broke down this weekend and bought cheap toilet paper. Having been a Charmin girl for so long, my behind isn't thanking me for that at all. Not one bit. But, I saved $2 and was able to buy everything on my list and a couple of extras that I realized I needed. So. Sorry behind. Just suffer through it.
*Ya'll recall all that whining I've been doing the past couple of years about not being married and thinking I might one day want to be but sad because I'm pretty sure it'll never happen? Well, forget I said anything. I must've been freakin' out of my mind. Why in heaven would I want to get married??? No. I'm staying single and if I ever get maudlin about that fact I've had plenty of good examples over the past few days of why I am THRILLED to be single. I'll just remind myself of these up close and personal examples and get over it. Seriously. Ugh.
*I'm taking off at ten to go help Sis2 with her house. And dang...I just remembered that I forgot my stinkin' camera. I was gonna do befores and afters. Anyway, Lyssa's third birthday (can ya'll believe she's going to be THREE??) is Saturday and they're giving her a little party. Sis2 wanted to get the kids' bedrooms decorated and cleaned before the party so I offered to take off and help her. We've been brainstorming ideas for weeks so we'll see if any of them come out right. Well, I'll see. Ya'll won't since I forgot my stupid camera. Well, actually, I'm going over there tomorrow, too. So maybe I'll get a few after shots anyway.
*I'm officially down 6lbs. Woo! Which means, I'm officially back to the weight I was before Paw-Paw died and I went spiraling out of control. I feel really good and am actually enjoying this new routine. I look forward to my walk times and feel awful when I have to miss it. So far I think I've only missed maybe three times. Either I got home too late or had some place to be (church, usually) that I didn't want to get sweaty and gross. And really, the sweaty and gross factor are the only things I hate about working out. lol
I started the "trim and tone" portion of the walking video last night. It's the third level of intensity that I'll be gradually adding into my routine. It uses two to three pound weights that you do these toning excercises with while walking and moving. I kinda sucked at it last night. I totally lack the coordination to do opposing arms and legs movement. LOL But I'll try to work it in two days a week since you're supposed to give yourself two to three days between any kind of weight lifting activity.
I need to start working in some crunches or something, too. I've got this aweful "overhang" of a belly and it's driving me nuts! LOL I think that belly is the thing I dislike most about my body. I mean, yeah, I'm all over fat but the rest of my fat in in perportion. Except that belly overhang. It sticks out like a sore thumb. But crunches are haaaaarrrrddd. (she said with a distinct whine in her voice. hehe)
*I think I'm gonna hafta wind up this post. I've got 30 minutes before I leave and I have stuff (actual WORK) that needs doing before I go. So ya'll peace out and have a fabulous Tuesday.
Comments