A Pioneer Woman Thanksgiving


The recipe's I'm using (or have used) for Thanksgiving this year are almost all from The Pioneer Woman. From her cookbook, I'm making her Throwdown winning mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving Day. From her website I made Soul Sweet "Taters" (otherwise known as "sweet potato casserole") for the church lunch Sunday, and for Thursday I'm trying my first ever Pie That'll Make You Cry (otherwise known as "Pecan Pie") which was also a Throwdown victory. (I might've attemped the whiskey maple cream sauce if I could have afforded maple syrup! And whiskey!)

The other recipe up there is a magazine page with a pumpkin turtle pie--a pie I've made successfully for about three or four years. It's like a pumpkin pudding pie with caramel sauce and pecans and this year I used an Oreo crust instead of the recommended graham cracker crust. It was delish. And I still have half of it if anyone wants any. I took it to church Sunday but there were like twenty other pies and only twenty-five people so it didn't get all "eat up" as it has in the past.

And no, I'm not exactly obsessed with Ree. I just love all her food. And her cookbook is the awesome. I've never enjoyed reading cookbooks until I bought hers. It's like reading a novel only with recipes and pictures of delicious food.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My fireman gave me an early Christmas present yesterday, The Pioneer Woman Cookbook! If he wasn't the best husband for me before yesterday, he is now! :)

I made the Pie that'll make you cry as well! Happy THanksgiving!
JenFS said…
Sorry, I accidently posted anonymously.
Jana said…
LOL Jen, that's okay, I knew who you were by your wonderful fireman. ;-)

How did your pecan pie turn out? Mine was good but very very sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today