Because I am Lazy

...The darks are still in the dryer. Yes. My work slacks are now wrinkled. But it's the last week before Christmas Vacation (or "Winter Break" as they PC call it now. Bleh.) and I don't care.

...I have not taken and thusly have not posted any outdoor Christmas decoration photos. Daddy got the lights up around my house and around one bush/tree (is it a tree? Is it a bush? Is it a trush? I don't know.) I got some lights and garland around my front window AND a new wreath made and hung. But after all that, the thought of stepping outside in the 25 degree loveliness just ain't happening.

...the dishes in my sink are threatening to take over the world. Or my kitchen, at least. I washed dishes Saturday but since then they've multiplied at an alarming rate and seeing them only inspires me to tears instead of washing.

...my recycling is littering the mudroom floor. Yes. I've gotten on the recycling bandwagon since the towns around me have finally stepped up to the plate and started offering drop-off locations. I recycle all cardboard, plastic and paper. And will begin recycling glass now that my "home" town's drop off finally accepts it. Or, I would recycle all that stuff if I could actually remember to gather it all up and take it. So far, three weeks worth of stuff is laying my mudroom floor. Oops! I need recycling bins. Maybe I should put that on my list for Santa.

...the wreath I took down to put up the new one is still laying forlornly on the entryway floor. It needs to be cleaned before I put it away and, well, cleaning a grapevine wreath is not on my list of things to spend energy on.

I'm sure there are tons of other things that have been left undone but these are the things that smack me in the face at least twelve times a day. ;-)

Comments

Heather said…
Tsk, tsk, tsk... The longer you put off doing stuff, the more it piles up. You do realize that, right...? lol

And hey--at least your temperatures are still above zero! What you need to do is put the camera in your pocket or purse, and take pics before you go inside when you get home. *g*
Jana said…
LOL Yeah, I know that. But eventually I'll get a spurt of energy and do it all at once. Of course then I'll be zonked again for a while.

As for the pic...that requires forethought! Of which I usually have none. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today