Christmas Crazy 2010
So Friday night I finally got around to putting together my behemoth Christmas tree. I'm happy to report that it only took me an hour to put together this time. As opposed to last year. If you recall, that little endeavor was a two and a half hour project. This year, having had last year's experience under my belt pajama bottoms, I had prepared a plan of attack. I was even able to go ahead and decorate the sucker the same night! AND take an hour's break to watch Medium. (That wasn't the series finale, was it Trix??)
And here it is, in all it's 7.5' glory.
And using the candlelight setting on my camera...
BTW, anyone up for helping me prime and paint the rest of the paneling in my house? Any takers? None? Well bah humbug to ya'll, too. LOL
Anyway, Saturday night (after Christmas shopping, work, lunch with Mama and a brief nap) I got busy with the rest of my house. I'm not sure how long this took me since I had to take a long break to go help Mama clean the church. But here it is.
The dining room:
After eight years of doing mostly blue and pink in the dining room, I decided to really embrace the red and green this year. Mostly because everyone else is into blues and pinks these days but also because I had a hankering for something a little more traditional.
A close-up of the table, all set and ready to eat. (Even though it's doubtful that any Christmas guests will grace this table with their presence. *sad*)
The only thing new I bought for this arrangement was the red candles. Everything else I've had for years just never placed this particular way before.
Here it is with the candlelight setting on my camera to give it that special glow. ;-)
And in a completely unintentional play on a picture taken last year, here's the Devil Pup bein' all pretty in front of it.
Yeah, laundry day at my house wasn't so much a "day" as it was a week long event. Not because I had a ton of laundry but because I was Christmas crazy this weekend and kept forgetting to switch out loads. I just put the towels in the dryer last night having washed them Monday. Because you care about my laundry habits. Especially since I keep showing it to you.
Anyway, Merra Chriama, as Paw-Paw Joe used to say (as a play on Ray Stevens' Santa Clause Is Watchin' You.) He also used to randomly say in a Ray Stevens' voice, "He evawhaya, he evawhaya" ("He's everywhere", in case you can't decipher. lol)
And here it is, in all it's 7.5' glory.
And using the candlelight setting on my camera...
BTW, anyone up for helping me prime and paint the rest of the paneling in my house? Any takers? None? Well bah humbug to ya'll, too. LOL
Anyway, Saturday night (after Christmas shopping, work, lunch with Mama and a brief nap) I got busy with the rest of my house. I'm not sure how long this took me since I had to take a long break to go help Mama clean the church. But here it is.
The dining room:
A close-up of the table, all set and ready to eat. (Even though it's doubtful that any Christmas guests will grace this table with their presence. *sad*)
Mama found that ceramic Christmas tree at a yard sale Saturday morning. She paid a dollar for it, I think. And it's actually got a candle inside that when you light it makes the tree look like a lit Christmas tree. I haven't tried the candle yet but I will try to before the season is over.
I think you've probably seen this display on the entertainment center before. I've done it this way for the past...three years? Four years? I can't recall. But I still love it this way and think it elegant so I'll probably continue to do it for a few more years.
(Still no takers on the priming/painting paneling? Just think how much better this would look with some cream colored walls behind it! Seriously, no one??? *pout*)
This year for the tree in my bedroom I mostly did it the same except I added a couple or four red balls to the mix for some added interest. And I changed the angel topper to one that Mrs. B had actually given me a couple of years ago but I kept forgetting it at work.
And in a completely unintentional play on a picture taken last year, here's the Devil Pup bein' all pretty in front of it.
And here she is airing some more of my dirty laundry while munching on a dental stick.
Yeah, laundry day at my house wasn't so much a "day" as it was a week long event. Not because I had a ton of laundry but because I was Christmas crazy this weekend and kept forgetting to switch out loads. I just put the towels in the dryer last night having washed them Monday. Because you care about my laundry habits. Especially since I keep showing it to you.
Anyway, Merra Chriama, as Paw-Paw Joe used to say (as a play on Ray Stevens' Santa Clause Is Watchin' You.) He also used to randomly say in a Ray Stevens' voice, "He evawhaya, he evawhaya" ("He's everywhere", in case you can't decipher. lol)
Gosh, I miss that man. Paw-paw Joe, that is. Not necessarily Ray Stevens. ;-)










Comments
Tree and decorations look great. And no on helping to prime/paint--I don't care how much warmer it is down there, LOL.
And boo on you! lol It's probaby warmer to you down here but to me it's FREEZING. Temps