Finally Friday!!
There's a song about that that the local country station used to play every Friday morning. But then they fired the DJ because he made too much money and the station went to crap after that and I haven't heard that song in years. I think it was by George Jones, though.
Anyway, this has been one heckova crazy week. Nothing particularly interesting going on, just crazy. You already know I was out most of Monday. Well, then Tuesday I left work early for a doctor's appointment to take care of my thyroid. (There's a story there but since it involves me not wanting to get nekkid, I won't go into here.) Wednesday I think my brain went on an early Christmas vacation without me because, ya'll? I gotta tell ya. I was just plumb out of it Wednesday. When anyone would ask me a question they sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown and I was all, "Huh?" And I had no grasp of what I was supposed to be doing. Folks kept sending me stuff that they weren't supposed to and I went 'round and 'round with them about it. Just Wednesday generally sucked.
Yesterday I got a little productive and completed a few tasks I'd been putting off. Still never have gotten around to putting away Christmas storage boxes. They're still living in my entryway. Also, still have not gotten the towels out of the dryer. Thank goodness I have plenty of towels, right?
But today, my friends, is Friday. The day I've been waiting for all week. I have big plans to wallow in my pjs all night and get up (semi) early and finish up my Christmas shopping. I've finally decided what I'm going to get the folks and I've decided to NOT buy gifts for work friends. They'll have to be satisfied with baked goods. Sausage balls, lemon squares, ranch oyster crackers, maybe cookies. I haven't decided what all I'm packin' everyone this year. Last year I went a little too crazy.
Imagine that. Me. Being too crazy. Because that rarely ever happens.
I'll also be stripping the guts out of a pound of jalapenos because Daddy bought the stuff for me to make jalapeno poppers. (From PW's cookbook, Jen. I've done them an million ten times and they're GOOD.) I figured I'd prep the peppers Saturday night and then bake them Sunday morning before church so that they'll be ready for lunch. Daddy's cooking steaks. YUM. None of us have had steak in probably a year. Now that he's drawing a regular paycheck again, they're splurging for a little pre-Christmas celebration. Lucky for me I live near-by and they pity me. hehehehe
Nothin' wrong with pity when it comes with steak. Just sayin'.
And now that I've filled you in on the boring that is my life, I'll bid you...
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Anyway, this has been one heckova crazy week. Nothing particularly interesting going on, just crazy. You already know I was out most of Monday. Well, then Tuesday I left work early for a doctor's appointment to take care of my thyroid. (There's a story there but since it involves me not wanting to get nekkid, I won't go into here.) Wednesday I think my brain went on an early Christmas vacation without me because, ya'll? I gotta tell ya. I was just plumb out of it Wednesday. When anyone would ask me a question they sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown and I was all, "Huh?" And I had no grasp of what I was supposed to be doing. Folks kept sending me stuff that they weren't supposed to and I went 'round and 'round with them about it. Just Wednesday generally sucked.
Yesterday I got a little productive and completed a few tasks I'd been putting off. Still never have gotten around to putting away Christmas storage boxes. They're still living in my entryway. Also, still have not gotten the towels out of the dryer. Thank goodness I have plenty of towels, right?
But today, my friends, is Friday. The day I've been waiting for all week. I have big plans to wallow in my pjs all night and get up (semi) early and finish up my Christmas shopping. I've finally decided what I'm going to get the folks and I've decided to NOT buy gifts for work friends. They'll have to be satisfied with baked goods. Sausage balls, lemon squares, ranch oyster crackers, maybe cookies. I haven't decided what all I'm packin' everyone this year. Last year I went a little too crazy.
Imagine that. Me. Being too crazy. Because that rarely ever happens.
I'll also be stripping the guts out of a pound of jalapenos because Daddy bought the stuff for me to make jalapeno poppers. (From PW's cookbook, Jen. I've done them an million ten times and they're GOOD.) I figured I'd prep the peppers Saturday night and then bake them Sunday morning before church so that they'll be ready for lunch. Daddy's cooking steaks. YUM. None of us have had steak in probably a year. Now that he's drawing a regular paycheck again, they're splurging for a little pre-Christmas celebration. Lucky for me I live near-by and they pity me. hehehehe
Nothin' wrong with pity when it comes with steak. Just sayin'.
And now that I've filled you in on the boring that is my life, I'll bid you...
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Comments
Enjoy your weekend!!
My dad LOVES these things. I have to make them for him periodically. ;-)
Aunt B~LOL I've never really cared for George Jones but that song, I loved. And it didn't hurt that the DJ added sound effects to it to make it funnier. hehehe