Now I'm Tired

So last night after I got home and walked with Denise Austin I was so invigorated that I changed a light bulb in the kitchen, which inspired me to take photos of the lights outside, which inspired me to clean the kitchen which inspired me to get on the ball with baking for my Christmas goodie bags for the folks at work.

And I took pictures of my baking--sausage balls and ranch oyster crackers.

I also took pictures of the precarious light bulb changing experience. (step stools and a chair were involved.)

I could have sworn I put my camera in my purse. But alas, it is not there. I think I left it on the microwave after the last sausage ball pic was shot. *sigh*

In other news, the darks are STILL IN THE DRYER and at this point will probably stay there as they are slowly being emptied out each morning anyway and it's almost time to start over on the laundry.

I do nothing if not half-arsed. lol

I've still got two nights of baking left to do, though. More sausage balls tonight and cookies tomorrow night. I could probably get away without the cookies because mostly everyone just wants the sausage balls anyway but I need to balance out the sweet, the savory and the salty, right? So cookies it will be.

Sis2 called me last night while I was baking the sausage balls. When I told her what I was doing and what they were for she was like, "Why are you baking them now? Don't ya'll normally do that on Friday?" Because, hello! I don't want to be up all night Thursday night baking.  I think all this time she's been a SAHM she's forgotten what a narrow window of opportunity there is for us who leave home to go to work to do anything at home. She can bake cookies and sausage balls anytime she wants and enlist the help of a three-year-old and a fourteen-month-old. I have three to four hours each night to bake. And sausage balls (a double batch) usually take at least two hours start to finish.

Anyway, maybe tomorrow I'll remember to bring the camera and upload the photos. I know ya'll are just dying to see them! *snorts*

Comments

Heather said…
Uh-huh...sure you took pictures. We believe you. Honest. Glad you felt energized last night!
Aunt B said…
I'd like the recipe for the sausage balls!
Jana said…
Heather~I promise I did! :-D

Aunt B~They're super easy. I'll post the recipe with the pics tomorrow. Or I'll post it even if I forget the pics tomorrow. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today