Working On My Day Off
So, yesterday I took off work at ten to make up for having worked Saturday. Most people would take that time to go home and catch a nap. Or go shopping or something.
Not me. I used that time to work. Okay, and to play, too.
I went to Sis2's house where I'd been promising her I'd help hang a photo collage in her living room. Portraits of the kids, mostly. We've been trying to get it together for a couple of months now but seems as though every time we were both at her house at the same time there were other things that needed doing.
But since I had the time I went over and we got it done. Not without some frustration, though. I pretty much suck at measurements and dimensions but Sis2 is all about having everything exact and precise. It took us two hours to hang a picture in Efan's room several months ago because she wanted it centered exactly over his dresser. This time when she started all that measuring stuff I told her, "Look, it's a collage. It's not supposed to look perfect." And since Efan was getting cranky wanting some attention she said, "Yeah, you're probably right."
And do you know how much fun it is to do any sort of project when there's a three-year-old and a 13-month-old who want to "help"? lol Efan was obsessed with the level and both of them wanted to climb behind me on the step stool. Lyssa kept trying to stick stuff to the wall using only her spit as the glue.
But you know what's funny? Without even trying I got the whole thing centered exactly to the wall and spaced exactly right. Measurements, schmeasurements. LOL
We spent the rest of the time playing and watching "movies". (Dora DVDs) They're such fun. We made a tent out of Lyssa's Dora blanket where "Mama can't get us". Lyssa showed off her letter writing skills. Efan and I played "catch" with a little football and we all made Christmas frames from a craft pack.
I love days like that with them. Even if it does mean working on my day off.
Not me. I used that time to work. Okay, and to play, too.
I went to Sis2's house where I'd been promising her I'd help hang a photo collage in her living room. Portraits of the kids, mostly. We've been trying to get it together for a couple of months now but seems as though every time we were both at her house at the same time there were other things that needed doing.
But since I had the time I went over and we got it done. Not without some frustration, though. I pretty much suck at measurements and dimensions but Sis2 is all about having everything exact and precise. It took us two hours to hang a picture in Efan's room several months ago because she wanted it centered exactly over his dresser. This time when she started all that measuring stuff I told her, "Look, it's a collage. It's not supposed to look perfect." And since Efan was getting cranky wanting some attention she said, "Yeah, you're probably right."
And do you know how much fun it is to do any sort of project when there's a three-year-old and a 13-month-old who want to "help"? lol Efan was obsessed with the level and both of them wanted to climb behind me on the step stool. Lyssa kept trying to stick stuff to the wall using only her spit as the glue.
But you know what's funny? Without even trying I got the whole thing centered exactly to the wall and spaced exactly right. Measurements, schmeasurements. LOL
We spent the rest of the time playing and watching "movies". (Dora DVDs) They're such fun. We made a tent out of Lyssa's Dora blanket where "Mama can't get us". Lyssa showed off her letter writing skills. Efan and I played "catch" with a little football and we all made Christmas frames from a craft pack.
I love days like that with them. Even if it does mean working on my day off.
Comments