Blech...
It's just been one of those days.
I splattered coffee on my bright green shirt at break this morning. Not unusual. Still annoying. Fortunately I keep a box of Shout wipes in my desk drawer. Unfortunately it spread a little bit as I blotted and now I have a very pale oval of stain over my right boob. Marvelous!
I don't think the tomato I ate on my sandwich at lunch likes me very much. I've been feeling nauseated ever since I got back from lunch and wouldn't you know that due to being shorthanded today I found myself stuck at the reference desk babysitting three patrons. Trying not to barf over a group of hunky college boys is miserable enough. But one of them was working on the microfilm reader printer and on two separate occasions he had trouble with the printer. Once when the paper ran out and then when some paper jammed.
Not a big deal, right? Wrong.
The printer for the microfilm reader sits on a little roll out shelf an inch from the floor. Meaning--I had to bend over to work on it. Seriously, I almost redecorated his shoes, poor guy. And even better still, I'm wearing my ridiculously baggy slacks today and didn't realize until I came back to the ref desk that I more than likely mooned him a bit. Upon checking, I'm happy to report that I am at least wearing my pretty blue lace edged panties. (Because you needed to know that! hehe)
But better still, the other two fellas kept needing copies. (We have to do photocopy orders ourselves for preservation purposes.) Which meant I had to keep getting up and walking to the back. Which means they almost got their shoes redecorated.
AND THEN, when they got ready to leave the dude with the most copies was shocked(!!) to learn that he had to pay for his copies and was all puppy dog eyes at me. (Me: Copies are ten cents a page. Him: *blink blink gulp* They are??) I think he may have even trembled his lip a bit as he pulled out his wallet and stared blankly at it. Had I not been trying not to spew all over his pretty black shirt I might have felt slightly sympathetic. But seriously, since when is anything free in this world??
Finally they're all gone now and while my tummy still doesn't feel all that great, at least I'm not having to practice deep breathing. In through the nose, slowly out through the mouth. Swallow.
Aren't you so glad you read my blog??
I splattered coffee on my bright green shirt at break this morning. Not unusual. Still annoying. Fortunately I keep a box of Shout wipes in my desk drawer. Unfortunately it spread a little bit as I blotted and now I have a very pale oval of stain over my right boob. Marvelous!
I don't think the tomato I ate on my sandwich at lunch likes me very much. I've been feeling nauseated ever since I got back from lunch and wouldn't you know that due to being shorthanded today I found myself stuck at the reference desk babysitting three patrons. Trying not to barf over a group of hunky college boys is miserable enough. But one of them was working on the microfilm reader printer and on two separate occasions he had trouble with the printer. Once when the paper ran out and then when some paper jammed.
Not a big deal, right? Wrong.
The printer for the microfilm reader sits on a little roll out shelf an inch from the floor. Meaning--I had to bend over to work on it. Seriously, I almost redecorated his shoes, poor guy. And even better still, I'm wearing my ridiculously baggy slacks today and didn't realize until I came back to the ref desk that I more than likely mooned him a bit. Upon checking, I'm happy to report that I am at least wearing my pretty blue lace edged panties. (Because you needed to know that! hehe)
But better still, the other two fellas kept needing copies. (We have to do photocopy orders ourselves for preservation purposes.) Which meant I had to keep getting up and walking to the back. Which means they almost got their shoes redecorated.
AND THEN, when they got ready to leave the dude with the most copies was shocked(!!) to learn that he had to pay for his copies and was all puppy dog eyes at me. (Me: Copies are ten cents a page. Him: *blink blink gulp* They are??) I think he may have even trembled his lip a bit as he pulled out his wallet and stared blankly at it. Had I not been trying not to spew all over his pretty black shirt I might have felt slightly sympathetic. But seriously, since when is anything free in this world??
Finally they're all gone now and while my tummy still doesn't feel all that great, at least I'm not having to practice deep breathing. In through the nose, slowly out through the mouth. Swallow.
Aren't you so glad you read my blog??
Comments
Happened to me over Christmas, when we were at a party with sister's friends. There was pizza. I was wearing a light gray turtleneck. I thought I had pulled my brown sweater closed to protect shirt, but it had apparently gaped open at top. Need I say more? I Shouted it overnight and was impressed that it all came out. I thought for sure I was going to end up tossing it. Whew!