It's Monday
Not technically. But I broke my shoe. Doesn't that count toward today being a Monday?
And by "broke my shoe" I mean the sole is 3/4 of the way separate from the insole. As in, my shoe decided to become a flip-flop without all the benefits of actually being a flip-flop.
Thank goodness I keep a pair of old shoes stashed in my file cabinet at work. I always thought I was keeping them in case it rained on a day I was wearing actual flip-flops and didn't want to get my feet wet. Who woulda guessed that they'd need to rescue my one-year old Dr. Scholl's loafers?
So. Now I guess Libby's Mama really does need to by a new pair of shoes!
And seriously wishing I had my camera with me today. Ya'll really need to see this shoe disaster. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen as far as shoes go. lol But, when glue is the only thing holding a sole to the insole and body of the shoe, I guess it's not terribly shocking.
Mental note for next pair of shoes...Make sure there's more than glue holding the thing together!
And by "broke my shoe" I mean the sole is 3/4 of the way separate from the insole. As in, my shoe decided to become a flip-flop without all the benefits of actually being a flip-flop.
Thank goodness I keep a pair of old shoes stashed in my file cabinet at work. I always thought I was keeping them in case it rained on a day I was wearing actual flip-flops and didn't want to get my feet wet. Who woulda guessed that they'd need to rescue my one-year old Dr. Scholl's loafers?
So. Now I guess Libby's Mama really does need to by a new pair of shoes!
And seriously wishing I had my camera with me today. Ya'll really need to see this shoe disaster. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen as far as shoes go. lol But, when glue is the only thing holding a sole to the insole and body of the shoe, I guess it's not terribly shocking.
Mental note for next pair of shoes...Make sure there's more than glue holding the thing together!
Comments
They did need replacing but maybe not in the middle of the work day, hmmm?
As for flip flops, I know there will come a day when I physically can not wear them but I love them so. *mentally hugs flip flops*