Snowday 2011: In color!

My supplies. Bread. Water. Batteries. Can opener. Tuna. Tater chips. Bagels. Roast beef. And see how I added some healthly veggies  fruit in there? (Tomatoes, ya'll.) I am the QUEEN of preparedness for snow/ice storm with possible electricity outages!

That big can of chicken breasts? Lasted me three meals. I never even had to crack open the tuna. The Roast Beef, however, I just finished today. And the Stax, too. I miss my Stax. *mentally hugs Stax*

I also bought my very first ever pair of snowboots...the last pair they had! (20 smackers at Wally World.) Ain't they perty? And they are toasty warm, too.

So, being the dorky rarely-ever-snows Southerner, I started taking pictures Sunday night.

Which worked out okay until I aimed for further than the security light could light.

But then Monday morning I woke up to this!

And this!



 And this!
Ugh. My junky neighbors totally ruined that shot. See all that junk behind the trees? That's not mine. That belongs to the neighbors to the right of me.

Then there's Bobo and the DP playing in the snow. All that junk behind those trees? That belongs to the neighbors to the left of me.

The four wheeler in the foreground belongs to Bobo. But it went home with him so I don't mind it.

But speaking of Bobo and the DP...

He came to the house to make sure I was okay and when he asked if Libs had pooped yet (he's very concerned about making sure all our dogs poop regularly) and when I said she wouldn't venture far from the carport he offered to take her.
She had bigger plans than pooping. Once she got used to the snow under her feet she wanted to PLAY!

He finally gave up and went home.

Forget pooping, though. The silly girl wouldn't even pee anywhere except this one little strip of un snowed upon grass next to the carport.

She said there was no way her delicate lady parts were getting that close to something that cold. I don't blame her.

I didn't really venture too far outside. Just far enough to capture this...

And this...

My snow boots saw snow!!

And yes. That is my pajama pants tucked into my snowboot, thankyouverymuch.

In fact, I never came out of my pj's until it was time to go to bed when I put on FRESH pj's. *unapologetic grin*

And here I am doing my snowbunny impersonation.

Note to self: Take flash off automatic when shooting snow pics. Camera will opt to not flash in face of all that glaring white and pictures will come out dark. Or blue. Grrrr.

And just because I like her little snowy footprint...


By far, (and I know it looks pitiful to all ya'll north of me) this is the most snow/ice we've had in years. More than that pitiful "gone by noon" dusting we had at Christmas. More than that pitiful "Gone by 2pm" snow we had in 2009. Definitely more than that blink and you'll miss it pitifulness from 2008. This was more like what we had a couple of time a year back when I was a kid. Back then we had snow/ice storms that were super thick and lasted for a couple of days. And we did lose electricity back then. sometimes for nearly a week. Hence the preparedness this time.

Now we're in that ugly in between stage when it had started to melt, leaving ugly bare patches, and when it re-froze making it crunchy and slick. I would rather it all melt and go away or stay soft and fun.

And so wraps this year's edition of SNOW! in MISSISSIPPI! Yee to the Haw!

Comments

JenFS said…
Love the photos! Especially the one with the snow flakes falling in the picture. BEAUtiful. :)

Love your snow boots, they look like mine! I wear mine every day in the winter to work and take my heels in a bag. :) Enjoy your snow!
Heather said…
Glad you have been enjoying the snow, and that you were prepared for the worst. I always keep a couple cans of soup on hand in winter for this very reason. There are benefits to having a gas stove. Even if the lights go out, I can still eat. And yes, I know this from experience.

Just one question: Why didn't you pull some warm pants on over the PJs and get out there and play with Libby? Such a mean Mommy! *g*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today