True Confessions and Other Yawns

I still have my tree up and all my decorations, too. I didn't want to spend my last weekend of vacation working so I put it off. Fortunately nobody ever sees inside my house but me. But I'll probably get it down this weekend. Or pray for a snow day Monday and take it down then.

The weather cutie really is predicting a big snow/ice storm this weekend. Supposedly we're expected to get up to 7 inches of accumulation. I'm praying for snow instead of ice, though. Ice is a nightmare. Snow I can still get a free day off work and possibly not injure myself taking the DP outside for her private business.

I feel like such a fraud whenever anyone congratulates me on the award I won at work. Mostly because it isn't as though they randomly picked me to win. I had to nominate myself and fill out a lengthy essay style application describing why I think I deserved to win it. And well, you've read my blog. You know how wordy I can be. They probably gave it to me just to oh my gosh make her shut up! Or they dozed off halfway through and felt guilty about it so gave it to me because they figured anyone with THAT HIGH an opinion of herself deserved an award just for keeping a straight face when she turned in her application. But also, I feel like a fraud because I know of so many others who deserved it more--they work harder, are more dedicated and take their responsibilities so much more seriously. Or have been here long enough that they deserve a gold medal and a nomination for sainthood to go WITH the award.

Oops! How did that gratuitous Devil Pup pic get there. My bad.

I have a number of coupons for free caramel mochas from Micky D's and I intend to use them all. YUM.

Last weekend I stopped at Sonic for breakfast after my grocery shopping. Normally I get the sausage croissandwich with tots and a iced hazelnut latte. Really, I only stop to get breakfast so that I can get a fancy coffee drink which is why I swap out between Micky D's and Sonic. Well, Sonic was out of latte stuff (how the heck do you run out of latte stuff???) so they were all, "Would you like a regular coffee instead?" I sighed dramatically and martyrishly said, "Sure." But I was mad. I wanted to tell them what they could do with their plain jane nasty black coffee and threaten to never darken their drive-in again. But I didn't. Mostly because I'm severely lacking the confrontation gene my mother and Sis1 both possess but also because I love Java Chillers and Bacon cheeseburgers too much to never go back to Sonic.

So, after I got my breakfast and the plain coffee, I huffed and puffed my way across four lanes of traffic to get to Micky D's for a caramel mocha because by darn I WANTED A FANCY COFFEE DRINK.

But since I'm not a wasteful person either, when I got home I loaded sugar and half and half in the plain jane black Sonic coffee and decided to drink it first with my meal and get it over with so that I could fully enjoy my treat later. And ya'll...YA'LL! That was some darn good coffee right there. I don't think I've had such good plain coffee in my LIFE. I think I may have even enjoyed it more than the caramel mocha.

And that's all I've got for today. All the good stuff I blogged in my  head at 4am is no longer with me. Story of my life.

Comments

Heather said…
Okay, even *I* took my Christmas and decorations down last Sunday, and you know how tired I was from the long two weeks and being sick and all. Stop procrastinating! lol

And I can't believe they are predicting up to 7" precipitation in the south over the weekend. All that's predicted here is more Artic Cold from Canada (I really hate those Alberta Clippers...just sayin') and maybe another dusting of snow. So unfair!
Jana said…
Well, I think it's from over ya'll's way that's blowing this potential winter storm our way so that maybe why ya'll aren't predicted to have any. You're giving it to us! lol

But, our weather cutie likes to talk big numbers and use scare tactics so we'll probably only have little spit of sleet or a tiny sprinkle of snow. Not enough to warrant a snow day. :-/

I felt really bad about the whole tree thing until I read on Suzanne McMinn's blog that she was late (just yesterday) getting her tree down. And a lot of her commenters said they usually wait until after the 6th to take theirs down. hehehehe
JenFS said…
Well, dear hubby took the tree down while I was at work. He's a good man! But the other decorations sat out until last night I placed them all on the kitchen table where they are waiting for me to come home and haul them upstairs to the attic. It will take me about 20 min and I've procrastinated, uh 7days. :) Sounds about right!!

On a fun note, a couple of days ago I was waiting at a traffic light and I glanced over to the car ahead and to the left of me. Her license plate read DVLPUP.
Seriously.

I wanted to wave her down and ask if she had a Devil Pup or if she WAS a devil pup. :) hehe
Anyway, you'll have to share with Libby, she'll appreciate that!
If only I could have got a picture!
Bridget Locke said…
Heh.

We didn't have any decorations to take down. Too busy packing up, which feels really weird and MUCH more real now that my mom & SIL are in Michigan house-hunting.

I never won awards or anything at work, but got a lot of kudos from customers and other departments. I never knew what to say and actually ended up feeling embarrassed. It's not like I ASKED them to say anything nice about me, ya know?

I'm off. I'm so tired I can barely think straight. Two & a half days of taking care of two small boys and my brain is mush. I am SO not meant to be a mommy. :D
Heather said…
So did you get any snow?

We had light snow off and on throughout Friday, but less than an inch accumulation. What was really bizarre was the tiny squall we drove through coming home from work. It was light snow, no more than flurries, really as we left. We'd gone no more than 3 or 4 miles when we entered this are of dense fog and heavy snow, then exited it after only a couple miles. Talk about surreal!

Saturday and Sunday we just plain COLD -- temps in the teens with a brutal north wind gusting at 25-40 mph, which put windchills right around ZERO. Brrr...

(Okay, how/why did Blogger log me out, when I'm still signed in on Google Reader??)
Jana said…
Heather~Blogger does weird things, is all I can say. lol

Jen~LOL That's cute. I need a license plate like that. ;-)

Bridget~You and me both! lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today