Entertainment

Because I like to bore you and because I like to know what everyone else watches/reads/listens to...

What I'm watching... (Not to be confused with "Who I'm Stalking")

Sunday Nights: Desperate Housewives (When it isn't a re-run) ABC

Monday Nights: Chuck (Love me some Zachary Levi) NBC, Being Human (a socially awkward werewolf, a seriously hot vampire and a quirky ghost--right up my ally!) Syfy (Imagine Greater.) (Sorry, had to throw that in there because I'm lame.) Pretty Little Liars (Though I usually record it to watch later.) ABC Family

When it's in season, I watch The Closer on TNT.

Used to watch Mike and Molly but found Being Human more intriguing.

Tuesday: Channel surf.* It's unfortunate that I never hopped on the NCIS bandwagon because everyone and their brother seems to only subscribe to cable/satellite/digital receivers JUST to watch this show. And although I adore Mark Harmon and could lick Michael Weatherly like a spoon, I just never could quite get into the show. Sad. I feel so outta the loop!

Wednesday: Ghost Hunters/Ghost Hunters International. Though I gotta admit...I'm kinda gettin' bored with gost hunting shows. It's all pretty much the same thing.  "If there's anyone here could you give us a sign? Make a noise." And if I jumped every time I heard a noise in my house (like they do!) I'd never sit down. And besides...it seems they never show Grant anymore. And he's to GH what Zachary Levi is to Chuck.

Also used to watch Better With You on ABC but I think it got the ax. Sad.

Thursday: Channel Surf. I wish I were into The Office and 30 Rock because it seems all the cool kids watch them. But I've never been cool and there's just something disconcerting to me about watching a television sitcom that doesn't have a laugh track. Feels as though all their jokes and one liners fall flat. I need that laugh track to back up what I think is funny, dangit.

Friday: Since my beloved Medium is no more, I'll give Working Class on CMT a shot. But there will also be plenty of channel surfing.

Saturday: HGTV or Netflix'd DVD

I'm not the kind of person who can leave the TV off when there isn't anything on that I like to watch. I usually have to find something to put it on even if I'm reading and not watching. I like having the background noise and music is too distracting to read with because I get sucked into singing along too easily to focus on a book.

*Usually when channel surfing my television lands on HGTV.

What I'm Reading... Read in the past few days/weeks and looking forward to reading

Last week: Summer At Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs (Mira. Lakeshore Chronicals series.)

I actually finished three books this past weekend.

The Man Who Had Everything By Christine Rimmer (SSE: Montana Mavericks, Thunder Canyon: Striking it Rich.) It was just okay. I didn't really like the hero all that much because he was sort of clueless and decided he liked the heroine only AFTER accidentally seeing her naked. I'm thinking he fell into lust more so than love and she was just too OMG grateful that'd he'd finally OMG noticed her as a woman to realize how lame he was.

Mortar and Murder by Jennie Bently (Berkly: DIY Mysteries #4) I enjoyed this one as much as the others in the DIY series. I love how the characters grow and progress through each novel and how the mysteries are always solved from out of nowhere...meaning I never have a CLUE whodunnit until the heroine herself knows. LOVE THAT.

Trust Me on This by Jenny Crusie (Bantam reissue. Originally pubbed in 1997) Funny, fast and classic Crusie. Not terribly fond of the four days and we're in luurrve but heck, it's a Crusie so it was darned funny anyway.

Upcoming: I've got the rest of Susan Wiggs' Lakeshore Chronicals series that I'm looking forward to. Plus several more of the Montana Maverick's Thunder Canyon series. I'm thinking of alternating between those for a while. I've also got Ree Drummond's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels on pre-order that should be coming in soon. Will definitely dive into that first thing.

Listening To: Currently stuck on Lady Antebellum's Need You Now. Also on the ol' CD carousel is still Kelly Clarkson's All I Ever Wanted. I did finally take out the Twilight Soundtrack but it's not put away completely yet so it could find it's way back onto the carousel.

Comments

Heather said…
WATCHING: Weekends the past few months have been all about football, though skating ruled this past weekend. What am I going to do after the Super Bowl?! Time to catch up on some movies, huh?

MONDAY--Castle. TUESDAY--NCIS and NCIS:LA. I had to have Kim record them for me tonight, as I can't get a clear signal to save my life. The downside of not having cable. Sniffle. WEDNESDAY--Criminal Minds.

THURSDAY--This is an all-CBS night. Have you tried their comedies, Big Bang Theory and Bleep My Dad Says? I don't watch them every week, but they're not too bad. Then it's CSI (the original) and The Mentalist. FRIDAY--Now that Medium is done, reruns of Monk. SATURDAY--when I remember it's on, I watch As Time Goes By on PBS, a Brit comedy that airs here on Sat evenings. Oh, and starting next Saturday they are showing the mini-series Lost in Austen again. YAY!

READING: Still jealous you've already read M&M. I finished two books over the weekend, plus read a 20-pg short story. Now reading Baltimore Blues by Laura Lippman. Like I need to get hooked on another suspense author with an extensive backlist! At least her books are fairly easy to find!

LISTENING: Currently on my 5-disc CD player are: 1) Keane: Hopes and Fears 2) Brandie Carlisle: The Story 3) Coldplay: Viva la Vida 4) Exposé: Greatest Hits (yes, a college flashback...sue me) 5) Sissel: My heart. A nice, eclectic mix, LOL.
Bridget Locke said…
Bleh...I hardly watch any TV at all. If I do, it's usually HGTV. I LOVE House Hunters & HIL. Something about watching people walk through houses...I'm weird, I guess. lol

I watch a ridiculous amount of Netflix. I've got a PS3 and it streams directly to it. I've been watching a ton of Bollywood movies, which are either really, really good or awful. lol

I also recently saw Julie & Julia. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I also watched The Proposal. Ryan Reynolds. *sigh*

Reading wise-In the midst of Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh. I've been doing a lot of rereading lately. Comfort reading mostly. Too much on my mind to concentrate on new books I haven't read before. :P

Music-Mostly songs on I-Tunes. Just bought a bunch of alternative music. I find it odd that as much as I hate Twilight, I LOVE the soundtracks. Go figure. LOL!
JenFS said…
Watching:
I DVR everything, so I have no idea what night they are actually on. That way I can watch with my hubby even if he's at work.

Castle
Lie To Me
Being Human
The Cape (although I may drop it)
Hawaii five-0
Bones
Eureka
The Glades (if it ever comes back)
and How I Met Your MOther reruns

Reading:
Finished the Stephanie Bond - Body Movers series, seriously fun.
Started the Heather Webber Lucy Valentine series, seriously fun as well!

Listening:
P!nk :) LOVE IT
Jana said…
Heather~I wanted to like Castle but I just never could get into it. Even though I love the dude on there. Same with Criminal Minds. I adore Thomas Gibson but could never fully invest in the show.

I used to watch Bleep My Dad says but got out of the habit during December when it was mostly re-runs. May have to revisit it, though.


Bridget~I watch a lot of HGTV but the folks on House Hunters get on my nerves whining about wanting stainless appliances and granite. LOL

Jen~Ooo! So glad someone else watches Being Human. You're the only other person I know who does! :-) Also love How I Met Your Mother reruns.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today