False Spring?

Ya'll, it's like AMAZING here. The weather, that is. Me personally, I'm not so amazing. But the weather? Totally fantabulous. I hope it's an actual early spring and not just a false one. I've actually even unearthed my flip-flop collection, it's that awesome.

But, since many of ya'll are still in the throes of winter storms and blizzards, I'll spare you the details of 75 degree flip flop wearing weather. Instead...I'LL SHOW YOU!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Sis2 and her crew (Goofus, Lyssa and Efan) came out to the country for a visit Saturday. The original plan entailed hanging out at the folks' house and grilling burgers for lunch. But Uncle R finally decided to/found time to install my new motion censor porch lights.


Pretty, right?

Then he needed to stop by the folks' to fix something on Mama's "new" laptop. (Don't ask. It's a sore subject for me.) And because he was under the false impression that I slept past 9am on Saturdays (I wish!) he waited until after 10 to get to my house. Then didn't leave the folks' until after 12.

But it didn't matter all that much since the folks' had changed the plans anyway to account for this. Did they bother to let me know that? Heck no! (But I'm not bitter.) 

Instead, we ate pimento and cheese sandwiches and went fishing. Home made pimento and cheese. Not that it was all that impressive but at least it wasn't that nasty stuff in the plastic tub you get in the grocery store. I still have nightmares about that stuff.

Anyway, so we ate a quick lunch and headed to the pool. Or pond, if you're all "Pool's are for swimming. Pond's are for fishing." Whatevs...

We got in a quick game of horse shoe, first, while we waited on everyone to get off their butts and get ready to go.

 And we sucked our fingers.

And played at the swing set.

And picked flowers.


Yes. Those are daffodils blooming already.

It takes people in the country a LONG time to get off their butts to go fishin', apparently.

Once we finally got down there, wouldn't you know Lyssa would be the first to catch a fish?


She wanted nothing to do with it, though. Apparently, her girl chromosome has finally kicked in and she no longer wants to be near fish or touch crickets or see spiders. Bobo was crushed. He'd convinced himself that he had another tomboy on his hands. Sorry, Bobo.

I caught a fish, too. A little bass. But it was so little it didn't even bear taking a photo of it. But at least I did catch something! First time in about three years!

I spent most of the time contemplating the universe and how much more pleasant fishing would be if it involved a chaise lounge and a nap. Bag chairs are not good for napping.

Played with my camera a lot, too. Sis2 was all, "You took picture of your fishing pole?"

I didn't tell her that I was actually taking a picture of my flip flop wearing foot to taunt all ya'll still battling cold weather and merely used the pole to strategically hide my nasty un-pedicured wintry feet and toe nails.
Lyssa got bored and started playing with sticks in the water. "It's a snake!"

Mama always makes horrible faces in pictures. So don't tell her I posted this, okay?

Efan didn't last very long at the pool. He kept wanting to get in the water. Since he can't swim we figured that would be bad. So Mama ended up taking him back to the house and they took a nap in her recliner.

Meanwhile, I did this...

I'm not terribly original.
 And watched my cork. See it? Little orange dot?

And watched Lyssa do this...


 Don't ask me what she was doing, exactly.

We finally called quits once we'd each finally caught a pitifully small fish.

Then came the burgers.

Efan's learning how to grill like Bobo does it.

With a little bit of his own spin.

The stinker.



Needless to say, I went home tired. Exhausted. Worn slap out.

I still am.

Comments

Heather said…
You...are unbelievably cruel. Wanna know what the weather is like up here?

Saturday: Cold and windy--though it did not deter 100,000 people from protesting at the Capitol. It got worse as night drew near.

Sunday: Snow in the early wee hours, then strong winds that pelted my windows with waves of rain and sleet, rain and sleet. Made me cold listening to it and there was no way to drown it out. Rain finally changed back to snow in the evening.

Monday: Overcast and icy roads in morning, more sleety stuff starting at 3pm, which then changed into rain, then snow.

In a word...YUCK!

And just you wait for the pics I'm posting for Wednesday. That'll teach you! *weg*
Jana said…
I know. I'm a terribly person. :-D

But once July rolls around and ya'll are enjoying 80 degree temps you can taunt me while I swelter in the 90's and 100's. Deal?
Jana said…
TERRIBLE. I'm TERRIBLE.

I think I meant to write "terribly horrible" and forgot to type "horrible." *sigh*
JenFS said…
Ugh. We just got flurries again today. I was sooo sure we were done with the snow... *sigh* Thanks, Jana...
;)
Heather said…
TERRIBLE. I'm TERRIBLE.

ROFLMBO...

We had more sleet and snow yesterday, just over 2 inches of the stuff, and another 2 inches possible Wednesday.

So much for an early spring...

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today