Hot Wings and S'mores On A Stick
Before I say anything else, can I just ask, "Was that some intense playing on the field last night or what??" Whoo hoo!
I am, of course, referring to Puppy Bowl VII which aired on Animal Planet last night. I don't know who won, exactly, but man did they play their adorable little hearts out!
Why? What did ya'll think I was talking about?? *innocent blink*
Anyway, since none of my family are sports minded (except for Goofus but he doesn't count) we never do the whole Super Bowl thing. I've never been to a Super Bowl party in my life, nor have I ever watched a game.
But I love the food! Man, the food they advertise for super bowl parties looks awesome. So Mama decided we'd have a Super Supper Bowl party! hehehe She fixed hot wings (that weren't actually hot but were AWE-Some), coconut shrimp, onion rings and curly fries. And for dessert?? Hot fudge sundaes. Oh yeah!
I went home with a serious case of heartburn last night but oh my gravy was it worth it.
The weekend prior to the Supper Bowl Madness wasn't much of anything unusual. Except...ya'll...I know the dreaded V-Day is coming up soon so while shopping for the kids' a little treat I came across (brace yourselves) S'mores Pops. As in S'mores. On a stick. *faint*
I bought the kids each one. And I bought myself one. Because I love me, doncha know, and I deserve to tell myself I love me on V-Day, right? But I couldn't wait a week to eat it. I put it in the cabinet (along with the chocolate marshmallow heart I also bought myself) but it kept calling my name. Seriously. It was so seductive I couldn't resist. So after lunch Saturday I ate it. *faint*
I will be returning to the store and purchasing more. There are no words for which to describe the brilliance and utter divinity that is the S'mores Pop.
In other food related doings, though, I made a big pot of chili Saturday. The awesomeness of which will be enjoyed for weeks to come. Thank God for freezers and freezer containers, eh? That was some seriously good stuff, if I do say so myself. Not too spicy, lots of beans, lean ground beef and onions. Yum, yum, and YUM.
And in non-food related doings, I must confess that I am a horrible sister. Sis1 had surgery on her neck a little over a week ago and I never called her to check up on her. It wasn't that I didn't care how she was doing just that Mama and Sis2 kept me informed on her (her levels of pain, the side effects of the medication they gave her, the griping, the whining, etc) so I didn't really feel the need to call and bother her. Also, I hate, loathe and despise phones. But I hadn't even thought about the fact that I hadn't called her until Mama said something the other day about Sis1 complaining that I hadn't called. *sigh*
I felt really bad about that for about ten minutes. But I still didn't call. I reach my quota of other people's problems, aches and pains while commuting with Mama twice a day. The very last thing I want to do on my free time is to pay long distance rates to call my oldest sister and hear about her aches and pains.
But I do realize that I should have called to offer my concern, my sympathy and to let her know I was thinking about her. I am, quite simply, a horrible sister.
Oh well...
Anyway...Congrats to all you Packers fans!
I am, of course, referring to Puppy Bowl VII which aired on Animal Planet last night. I don't know who won, exactly, but man did they play their adorable little hearts out!
Why? What did ya'll think I was talking about?? *innocent blink*
Anyway, since none of my family are sports minded (except for Goofus but he doesn't count) we never do the whole Super Bowl thing. I've never been to a Super Bowl party in my life, nor have I ever watched a game.
But I love the food! Man, the food they advertise for super bowl parties looks awesome. So Mama decided we'd have a Super Supper Bowl party! hehehe She fixed hot wings (that weren't actually hot but were AWE-Some), coconut shrimp, onion rings and curly fries. And for dessert?? Hot fudge sundaes. Oh yeah!
I went home with a serious case of heartburn last night but oh my gravy was it worth it.
The weekend prior to the Supper Bowl Madness wasn't much of anything unusual. Except...ya'll...I know the dreaded V-Day is coming up soon so while shopping for the kids' a little treat I came across (brace yourselves) S'mores Pops. As in S'mores. On a stick. *faint*
I bought the kids each one. And I bought myself one. Because I love me, doncha know, and I deserve to tell myself I love me on V-Day, right? But I couldn't wait a week to eat it. I put it in the cabinet (along with the chocolate marshmallow heart I also bought myself) but it kept calling my name. Seriously. It was so seductive I couldn't resist. So after lunch Saturday I ate it. *faint*
I will be returning to the store and purchasing more. There are no words for which to describe the brilliance and utter divinity that is the S'mores Pop.
In other food related doings, though, I made a big pot of chili Saturday. The awesomeness of which will be enjoyed for weeks to come. Thank God for freezers and freezer containers, eh? That was some seriously good stuff, if I do say so myself. Not too spicy, lots of beans, lean ground beef and onions. Yum, yum, and YUM.
And in non-food related doings, I must confess that I am a horrible sister. Sis1 had surgery on her neck a little over a week ago and I never called her to check up on her. It wasn't that I didn't care how she was doing just that Mama and Sis2 kept me informed on her (her levels of pain, the side effects of the medication they gave her, the griping, the whining, etc) so I didn't really feel the need to call and bother her. Also, I hate, loathe and despise phones. But I hadn't even thought about the fact that I hadn't called her until Mama said something the other day about Sis1 complaining that I hadn't called. *sigh*
I felt really bad about that for about ten minutes. But I still didn't call. I reach my quota of other people's problems, aches and pains while commuting with Mama twice a day. The very last thing I want to do on my free time is to pay long distance rates to call my oldest sister and hear about her aches and pains.
But I do realize that I should have called to offer my concern, my sympathy and to let her know I was thinking about her. I am, quite simply, a horrible sister.
Oh well...
Anyway...Congrats to all you Packers fans!
Comments
Anyway, my blood pressure was swinging from one extreme to another last night, but I loved every minute of it. I was pumped through the first half, worried during the third quarter, and hopeful during the fourth. I admit, there was some yelling and celebrating, but not so much that I am hoarse today.
And, thanks to the miracle of live streaming video online, I got to watch the team as they returned to Green Bay and made their way to the stadium this afternoon. *VBG*
BTW, I made Ree's pinto bean dip, but I used black beans instead (love 'em) and no jalepenos, but more salsa. It was good! I only made half of it for myself. I would add cream cheese next time as it seemed heavy on the shredded cheese. Just needed something else with substance. But YUM!
Jen~I've gotta try that dip. The wings Mama made were actually Ree's recipe, too, only subbing a hit of bbq sauce instead of hot sauce! :-D
By the way, last night I went to Wal-Mart and saw the S'mores on a stick! We were short on time and I didn't stop to get one, but they lookd divine!
So, when I got home I got out the marshmallow fluff and microwaved choc chips on a graham cracker and smeared fluff on the other side. Divine!
Heather sent me a recipe for indoor s'mores. If I make it this weekend I'll post my review. hehehe