I got it...

An apology, that is. Remember that Saturday downer email I got a couple weeks ago? Yeah. Yesterday the sender apologized and said that the email had been more strongly written than intended and that I shouldn't take it to heart. I had never mentioned it to the sender or even responded to the email. I was too afraid I'd start crying or stick my foot in and make it worse.  So the apology felt random--especially since it was two weeks after the fact. Which made if feel more sincere--whether it actually was sincere or not.

So now I'm left to wonder if the trusted colleague I had discussed it with used the situation to further her own agenda. Apparently SHE DOES have a problem with me. And if that's the case she should have approached me about it a long time ago instead of waiting until I was upset and feeling insecure to reveal her issue with me. I don't know how I feel about this colleague anymore. I find myself questioning our conversations both past and present. I don't know that I trust her much anymore. Sucks to lose trust in a long time colleague especially since you also thought her to be a friend, as well. But there it is.

Comments

Heather said…
I hope the apology was sincere, Jana. As for the other coworker, I would be wary around her, too. She needs to earn your trust back. Hope you have a good weekend!
JenFS said…
Well, either way she emailed you because she felt bad and felt lead to apologize to you. So, I would think she is likely sincere.

I hate losing trust in people. I have a coworker I heard had leaked info to a competitor and now I think every nice thing he says to me is bogus trying to get out more business information. Trust is just so important to me. Hang in there.

We have sunshine today finally! It makes me so happy and feel great. It also makes me happy I don't live in Forks.... :)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today