More Weird Dreams

Okay. So analyze these...

Tuesday night I had a really weird dream involving animals.

Libby and I were at home and I was in the kitchen washing dishes while she gazed out the dining room window into the back yard. Much like this.

When she's not under my feet or pawing at the carport door to distract me, that's usually what she does while I'm washing dishes. Completely normal behavior.

Then she started barking, as she's wont to do. I talked to her a bit asking her what's out there. I figured it was a cat or the neighbor's dog or something. When I glanced out I see this fluffy critter sitting up on it's hind legs and I think, oh, it's a bunny.

But it wasn't. When it dropped to all fours and stood up, I realized that it was a coyote pup.(!!) It looked over and saw us peering out at it and instead of running off into the woods as most animals do, it came lumbering over to the window and started pawing at it to get in. I jerked Libby back and stared in horror as it started chewing at the window screen. I quickly yanked the drapes closed thinking that if it couldn't see us, it'd go away.

Then suddenly we're at the folks' house instead of mine (we didn't leave my house. My house just sort of morphed into the folks' house.) and I'm holding Libby while we look out of the window into their backyard. Mama was folding towels at the kitchen table while I watched the craziness outside. I could clearly see the mama coyote and a passel of pups and I told Mama, "They're everywhere!" to which she nodded and continued to fold towels. Then when I looked back outside, there was also a big bobcat (the feline kind, not the heavy machinery kind) jumping around out there. I remember thinking how crazy it was and wondering what was going on. Was I in a Stephen King novel or something?

And that's when I woke up. What does it all mean? That I feel my world has launched into chaos full of fear? Or that I need to stop drinking Baily's in my coffee before I go to bed?

*shakes head*

Then last night it was a sad/annoying dream.

I'm almost scared to tell this one because it involves the death of a loved one. *shudders*

So. When it starts I'm at the folks' house with the rest of the family. It's somebody's birthday or something so we're all there. I'm sitting at the kitchen table talking to the sisters and Mama when Sis2 says something about when Gran's funeral will be and how she always thought Pop would go first and who's going to take care of Pop now because he can't take care of himself. (Gran is Daddy's step-mother not to be confused with his mother, Granny. Pop is his biological dad who we actually call Paw-Paw but because it's confusing that I have three Paw-Paw's I'm calling him Pop here.) (We're not exactly close with Gran and Pop because Pop isn't a terribly nice person, usually.) (Are you still with me?) I jumped up from the table and looked at everyone and was all, "What? Gran's funeral? You mean she's DEAD??"

Mama, who was standing at the counter cutting up chicken or something, looks up, rolls her eyes and says, "I told you that." (Something she does all the time because she's always thinking she's told me stuff when actually it was one or both of my sisters that she told. She's also bad to repeat stuff back to me that I've told her except when she repeats it back to me she says that one of my sisters told her. I think she's getting senile. Or has too many similarly faced daughters.)

In complete outrage, I replied, "No you didn't. I think I'd have remembered that my step-grandmother was dead." She insists that she told me and I keep insisting that she hadn't. I look at Sis2 and ask, "When did you find out?"

"Friday," she says. She's eating chocolate and says it in this completly nonchalant way.

"You've known since Friday and you didn't tell me?"

(Apparently the day of the dream is a Wednesday. Why we'd be having a birthday party on a Wednesday is beyond me.)

She shrugs, "I thought you knew!"

"Well I didn't!" And I get completely upset and distraught. Not because my step-grandmother is dead but because no one told me about it!

"No one ever tells me anything!" I sob.  And then I woke up.

I had the eerie sensation that maybe I needed to call Gran this morning.

So what does that dream say? That my subconscious feels guilty for being out of touch with Gran and Pop or that I feel as though my family finds me insignificant enough to leave me out of important  information? Or that I need to stop putting Baily's in my coffee before bedtime?

And now, for something un-dream related. We're expecting some more ice/snow overnight and with temps as low as they've been the past couple of days (for the south,  ya'll, 30 is COLD) it might actually stick again. So I may be out again tomorrow with a snow/ice day. I hope not, because I'm sick of cold and one big blanket of the white stuff this year is more than plenty for me.

Hope all ya'll getting blasted by this current blizzard are taking care and staying warm!

Comments

Heather said…
Okay, Dream #2 I think speaks to your general fears of losing a family member. Any family member. Might have been your SGM in the dream, but could just as easily be a sister, parent, grandparent, or any other relative, and--given the last couple years--I don't think it at all surprising that your subconscious would be harboring this fear.

Speaking of fears...dream two. According to a couple sites on dream sysmbolism, "If the coyote is friendly, this means that you should overcome distress and sorrow in your life which keep you from moving on and evolving."

And the cat: "may symbolize unknown danger in your waking life or problems you would rather leave unsolved than striving to find a solution to them -- however, these small 'details' will come to haunt you until you decide to face and overcome them."
Aunt B said…
I can't interpret your dreams, Hon...I wish I could remember mine in such detail...all I can say is "Don't give up the Bailey's!!!"
Jana said…
Heather~Oh cripes. That's some heavy stuff going on there. I think I may need to start drinking MORE Bailey's!

Aunt B~Honey I don't think I'll be giving up my Bailey's anytime soon. Just might have to invest in a new bottle. LOL
Heather said…
Wish I liked Bailey's. Actually, some peach schnapps would definitely be nice about now. Except I don't have any orange juice to go with it. Minor technicality...right?

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today