That's Life
You know how sometimes your day starts out really really good--the coffee you brewed tasted exactly how you wanted it, the weather was clear, your pj's were warm, the pup snuggled in for a good nap against your legs while you read a particularly good book--and then one tiny little thing totally throws you for a loop and then that's all you can think about?? Surely you know what I'm talking about.
Well, either way, that's what happened to me today. Had a great morning. A great past two days, actually. Then I came into work and checked my email and BAM!! Hit right between the eyes. And I can't even rant about it because it's work related. But it just totally squashed my good mood and made me feel like utter crap. Like SMACK in the forehead with extra force. And I just can't get it out of my head. I keep chewing on it and turning it over in my mind and crafting things I wish I could say or do in response and knowing that I can't.
There's nothing I can do to change it. Nothing I can say that will justify it. No one I can talk to about it who will tell me what I need to hear. And certainly nothing I can do to make sure it never happens again because life (and people) are just so darned unpredictable.
In the grand scheme of things, it's really no big thing. I'm not getting fired or taking a paycut. I've not been gifted with any new responsibilities or anything that that. It's a small thing. But it's just something that I can't understand why it was said or why the sender snapped to that judgement and it feels like a direct critcism of me. And by now I've probably said too much, so I'll stop.
Anyway, I've been sitting here for almost two hours and can't focus or concentrate on anything for having this muck stuck in my head, messin' up my day.
So, to this person who sent me that morning ruining email.....ARGH!!! And also, I will pray for you. And for me.
To the rest of you, be warned. I'll be blogging about my snow day Monday. hehehehe
And also, maybe revealing a new endeavor that has been gnawing at my brain for a few days now. ;-)
Well, either way, that's what happened to me today. Had a great morning. A great past two days, actually. Then I came into work and checked my email and BAM!! Hit right between the eyes. And I can't even rant about it because it's work related. But it just totally squashed my good mood and made me feel like utter crap. Like SMACK in the forehead with extra force. And I just can't get it out of my head. I keep chewing on it and turning it over in my mind and crafting things I wish I could say or do in response and knowing that I can't.
There's nothing I can do to change it. Nothing I can say that will justify it. No one I can talk to about it who will tell me what I need to hear. And certainly nothing I can do to make sure it never happens again because life (and people) are just so darned unpredictable.
In the grand scheme of things, it's really no big thing. I'm not getting fired or taking a paycut. I've not been gifted with any new responsibilities or anything that that. It's a small thing. But it's just something that I can't understand why it was said or why the sender snapped to that judgement and it feels like a direct critcism of me. And by now I've probably said too much, so I'll stop.
Anyway, I've been sitting here for almost two hours and can't focus or concentrate on anything for having this muck stuck in my head, messin' up my day.
So, to this person who sent me that morning ruining email.....ARGH!!! And also, I will pray for you. And for me.
To the rest of you, be warned. I'll be blogging about my snow day Monday. hehehehe
And also, maybe revealing a new endeavor that has been gnawing at my brain for a few days now. ;-)
Comments
Can't wait to hear about your snow day and your new endeavor.
Here's hoping Monday is a better day!
Aunt B~This morning I did end up confiding in a trusted colleague who works closely with this person and although the conversation didn't make me feel better (worse, actually), it at least clarified things for me.
Heather~Meanie.;-) Glad your weekend was awesome, though.