Wednesday Blues
It's been a rough day 'round these here parts. For one thing it's all drizzly, humid and cold-ish outside. No sunshine for the past three days. *groan* For another, it's been kinda busy and not the fun kind. The "run your legs off" kind. Job security, I must remind myself.
Also, everyone seems to be on edge, sniping and growling at each other, stirring the pot of ill will. That kind of thing. Never makes for a happy atmosphere. I think the Christmas Break glow has finally worn off and everyone needs another long vacation. *sigh* I know I do. Although I must say I've managed to hang onto my temper a little better. I'd gotten really grizzly by the time we shut down in December. So much so that it was a month after we got back before the student worker I'd been the biggest bitch to finally started trusting that I wouldn't lop off his head again.
Fortunately, I've got a couple of vacation days scheduled for next month. Maybe they'll stave off the gnarly attitude until my "real" vacation in June.
I'm starting (finally) to feel the stirrings of needing to get back to my afternoon "walks." Since it was too rainy to weed eat yesterday evening I decided on starting when I got home last night. I honestly had the plan fixed in my mind with some anticipation, even. But...(you knew that was coming, right?) while I got out of the car and walked to the door the cold damp chill of the evening settled into my bones and while I petted Libby and told her what a sweet fluffy butt she is I decided, Eh, I'll wait till tomorrow. *sigh*
For some reason, when the weather is chilly I just can't seem to make myself strip down to my tank top and work out shorts (there's a mental image that'll scar you for life!) to do the work out. Even though I know the chill on my skin won't last past the first two minutes of warm up, I just am not wired to get mostly nekkid when it's cold.
Ugh. I just closed a document and clicked "no" on saving the changes when I meant to say "yes." Fortunately I'd only made three or four small changes instead of say, adding a paragraph. *shudder*
Anyway, not much else goin' on with me. Sis1 and Emmy had halfway planned on coming this weekend but have pretty much decided not to. And I'm kinda happy 'bout that. I've had way too much family time in the past couple of months. I need some more Saturday's in between without any family interruption to get my equilibrium back. I know it doesn't always sound like it, but I truly do love my family. They just exhaust me. And when I said something to Mama earlier in the week about wishing they'd wait she just kinda glared at me. So today when Sis1 emailed us to say they more than likely aren't coming Mama was all "I guess you got your wish, huh?" I merely nodded and smiled.
I know she lives for family weekends and hates that Sis1 and Emmy don't come every other weekend like they used to when they first moved to T-town. So she doesn't understand why I'm not as enthusiastic about spending every other weekend involved in family time. She knows I enjoy my alone time but doesn't understand that I actually need it to function...she doesn't fully understand just how badly too much togetherness screws with my head.
I probably need therapy.
Ya'll probably already knew that. *shrugs*
Anyway, to keep from blathering any further I'll leave you alone. And just in case you'd like to see some fictional family bantering, episode seven is up at Kessler County Chronicles. Someday I'm gonna hafta explore why I enjoy writing about families so much when mine drives me to insanity. ;-)
Also, everyone seems to be on edge, sniping and growling at each other, stirring the pot of ill will. That kind of thing. Never makes for a happy atmosphere. I think the Christmas Break glow has finally worn off and everyone needs another long vacation. *sigh* I know I do. Although I must say I've managed to hang onto my temper a little better. I'd gotten really grizzly by the time we shut down in December. So much so that it was a month after we got back before the student worker I'd been the biggest bitch to finally started trusting that I wouldn't lop off his head again.
Fortunately, I've got a couple of vacation days scheduled for next month. Maybe they'll stave off the gnarly attitude until my "real" vacation in June.
I'm starting (finally) to feel the stirrings of needing to get back to my afternoon "walks." Since it was too rainy to weed eat yesterday evening I decided on starting when I got home last night. I honestly had the plan fixed in my mind with some anticipation, even. But...(you knew that was coming, right?) while I got out of the car and walked to the door the cold damp chill of the evening settled into my bones and while I petted Libby and told her what a sweet fluffy butt she is I decided, Eh, I'll wait till tomorrow. *sigh*
For some reason, when the weather is chilly I just can't seem to make myself strip down to my tank top and work out shorts (there's a mental image that'll scar you for life!) to do the work out. Even though I know the chill on my skin won't last past the first two minutes of warm up, I just am not wired to get mostly nekkid when it's cold.
Ugh. I just closed a document and clicked "no" on saving the changes when I meant to say "yes." Fortunately I'd only made three or four small changes instead of say, adding a paragraph. *shudder*
Anyway, not much else goin' on with me. Sis1 and Emmy had halfway planned on coming this weekend but have pretty much decided not to. And I'm kinda happy 'bout that. I've had way too much family time in the past couple of months. I need some more Saturday's in between without any family interruption to get my equilibrium back. I know it doesn't always sound like it, but I truly do love my family. They just exhaust me. And when I said something to Mama earlier in the week about wishing they'd wait she just kinda glared at me. So today when Sis1 emailed us to say they more than likely aren't coming Mama was all "I guess you got your wish, huh?" I merely nodded and smiled.
I know she lives for family weekends and hates that Sis1 and Emmy don't come every other weekend like they used to when they first moved to T-town. So she doesn't understand why I'm not as enthusiastic about spending every other weekend involved in family time. She knows I enjoy my alone time but doesn't understand that I actually need it to function...she doesn't fully understand just how badly too much togetherness screws with my head.
I probably need therapy.
Ya'll probably already knew that. *shrugs*
Anyway, to keep from blathering any further I'll leave you alone. And just in case you'd like to see some fictional family bantering, episode seven is up at Kessler County Chronicles. Someday I'm gonna hafta explore why I enjoy writing about families so much when mine drives me to insanity. ;-)
Comments
Oh, and how did you manage to right this without blogger screwing up your formating? Still experiencing problems on my end. Apparently they are aware of the problem but have not yet fixed it. Grrr!