Apropos of nothing...
Back in 1998 I had a solid black 1985 two door Chevy Blazer with red interior. It was the first vehicle I ever bought and paid for myself. I bought it from Paw-paw H for $2500. I loved that Blazer.
I was a sophomore in college and would drive it to school twice a week and Daddy would drive it whenever the mood struck him.
Gas back then was ninety-eight cents a gallon and it cost me roughly $9 to fill the tank from empty.
Now I drive a solid green 1998 four door Mercury something or other with tan interior. It's the third vehicle I've ever owned and it was generously given to me by Sis2 in 2009 after my Cavalier finally messed up too expensively for me to repair. I love this car. (And Sis2!)
I've been out of college and working full time for ten years and I drive it roughly twice a week for groceries and church and Daddy hates getting in and out of it so he hasn't driven it but twice since I've had it and both times were family trips to Tuscaloosa to see Sis1 before Mama got her new car.
Gas now ranges from $3.79-$3.91 a gallon depending on where I buy it and it costs me roughly $35 to fill it up from half a tank.
I officially feel like my parents when they tell stories of how Daddy used to take Mama out on dates and spend no more than $5 on supper, a "show", and a candy bar at the "show." Candy bars used to be a nickle, apparently. And gas was probably free.
At least I never had to bare foot in the snow and uphill both ways!
I was a sophomore in college and would drive it to school twice a week and Daddy would drive it whenever the mood struck him.
Gas back then was ninety-eight cents a gallon and it cost me roughly $9 to fill the tank from empty.
Now I drive a solid green 1998 four door Mercury something or other with tan interior. It's the third vehicle I've ever owned and it was generously given to me by Sis2 in 2009 after my Cavalier finally messed up too expensively for me to repair. I love this car. (And Sis2!)
I've been out of college and working full time for ten years and I drive it roughly twice a week for groceries and church and Daddy hates getting in and out of it so he hasn't driven it but twice since I've had it and both times were family trips to Tuscaloosa to see Sis1 before Mama got her new car.
Gas now ranges from $3.79-$3.91 a gallon depending on where I buy it and it costs me roughly $35 to fill it up from half a tank.
I officially feel like my parents when they tell stories of how Daddy used to take Mama out on dates and spend no more than $5 on supper, a "show", and a candy bar at the "show." Candy bars used to be a nickle, apparently. And gas was probably free.
At least I never had to bare foot in the snow and uphill both ways!
Comments
Then you have stuff like computers that have come down in price over the last 15 or 20 years, while TVs are now more expensive due to the flat panels and size. It's absolutely crazy!
Seriously?
BTW, I said no. :)
Jen~Good for you! lol I hafta look away when I pay $2.44 for breath mints. *winces*