Hungry Day
Day started out weird when my belly was still growling AFTER breakfast. Granted, breakfast was a thick slice of banana bread and a glass of water but I figured I'd be alright. Snack at 10, right?
Um, no.
Turns out I had a meeting at 8:30 that I'd forgotten about so I had to quick get someone to cover for me on the desk which meant swapping desk duty hours. I had my fingers crossed that this meeting wouldn't take long. It was my first meeting as the coordinator of my area of our department (Yes, I have a new subtitle complete with new responsibilities and meetings but no, i don't get a raise. I'm just thankful I have a job, is all I'm gonna say about that.) so I wasn't sure exactly how long it'd take. Back before my supervisor retired, I never paid much attention to how long her meetings with this group took. I knew she hated and dreaded them but I never paid attention to the time.
*sigh* Meeting lasted two hours and ten minutes. And I'd had to swap desk duty hours with the person who usually does the shift directly after mine, 10-12:30. So, needless to say, no break snack for Jana. AND as if I could get anymore miserable, staffing the desk until 12:30 meant I had to push my lunch back by 30 minutes.
So, to recap: I was hungry right after breakfast. I didn't get my mid-morning snack OR my mid-morning coffee (hello headache) AND my lunch was 30 minutes late.
I was ready to rip faces off by the time I finally got off the ref. desk and headed to lunch. The person who came to relieve me was two minutes late and she wanted to joke but I let her live. Because I'm a nice person, miserable or not.
Ya'll, Mama and I had already planned to go to the Burger King on campus because after this week they're closed for the summer and we decided to treat ourselves. So we walk all the way to BK and I place my order and the lady behind me orders the same exact thing and guess who's number they called first. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't mine. Mama had already gotten hers so she gave me a fry to calm me down and keep me from passing out.
BUT, at least after all that that BK stacker tasted like heaven on my hungry lips and I think I may have moaned a little after that first bite. And sighed in blissed out contentment after each subsequent bite. But, I was so hungry by that point that even now I'm still a little hungry. I think my fat cells had gone into starvation mode and now they're wanting to store up extra in case supper is late in coming.
Um, no.
Turns out I had a meeting at 8:30 that I'd forgotten about so I had to quick get someone to cover for me on the desk which meant swapping desk duty hours. I had my fingers crossed that this meeting wouldn't take long. It was my first meeting as the coordinator of my area of our department (Yes, I have a new subtitle complete with new responsibilities and meetings but no, i don't get a raise. I'm just thankful I have a job, is all I'm gonna say about that.) so I wasn't sure exactly how long it'd take. Back before my supervisor retired, I never paid much attention to how long her meetings with this group took. I knew she hated and dreaded them but I never paid attention to the time.
*sigh* Meeting lasted two hours and ten minutes. And I'd had to swap desk duty hours with the person who usually does the shift directly after mine, 10-12:30. So, needless to say, no break snack for Jana. AND as if I could get anymore miserable, staffing the desk until 12:30 meant I had to push my lunch back by 30 minutes.
So, to recap: I was hungry right after breakfast. I didn't get my mid-morning snack OR my mid-morning coffee (hello headache) AND my lunch was 30 minutes late.
I was ready to rip faces off by the time I finally got off the ref. desk and headed to lunch. The person who came to relieve me was two minutes late and she wanted to joke but I let her live. Because I'm a nice person, miserable or not.
Ya'll, Mama and I had already planned to go to the Burger King on campus because after this week they're closed for the summer and we decided to treat ourselves. So we walk all the way to BK and I place my order and the lady behind me orders the same exact thing and guess who's number they called first. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't mine. Mama had already gotten hers so she gave me a fry to calm me down and keep me from passing out.
BUT, at least after all that that BK stacker tasted like heaven on my hungry lips and I think I may have moaned a little after that first bite. And sighed in blissed out contentment after each subsequent bite. But, I was so hungry by that point that even now I'm still a little hungry. I think my fat cells had gone into starvation mode and now they're wanting to store up extra in case supper is late in coming.
Comments