Wall Art

I finally got the art up on the long dining room wall.


You remember I kept calling it a jeweled tree? Yeah. It's actually called a capiz bouquet. And looking at it a little better I can see the "bouquet."


Now that it's on the wall with the trivets, what do you think? Do I need something long and narrow on the left side or should I leave it? Thoughts?

I'm hosting mother's day lunch at my house again this year so I wanted to go ahead and get it hung. I still need to work on the entry wall but I kinda want to wait until I get the rest of the living room painted so that the book cases won't be in the way.

Honestly, though? They should all just be glad that my house is finally clean again. It had gotten pretty badly cluttered and dusty. I spent a couple of hours Saturday putting things away, dusting, sweeping, culling out junk I'd let stack up. The kitchen alone took about thirty minutes. And I finally got around to tackling the mudroom and the area I'd been placing my recyclables. I cleaned out the "pantry" in there and put one box of recyclables in there and the other box on top of it. I'd take pictures but its next to impossible to take quality photos in there.

Anyway, I'm taking this weekend off from house chores and possibly touring some of the new stores in my hometown with Mama. (Not to be confused with my "work town".) There's an actual book store in the new shopping center and an art store! Our tiny little town hasn't had a book store in YEARS and has never had an art store that I know of. Our little town is GROWING. Which may or may not be a good thing.

Before I can relax, though, I must get the Grasshog out and eat some weeds one afternoon this week. I'm NOT looking forward to that.

Comments

JenMarie said…
Looks great, either way!

Love the painted paneling.
Jana said…
Awe, thanks! :)
Heather said…
Looks good, Jana. Have fun browsing the new bookstore. It's library booksale weekend here. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today