Weekend Review: Mother's Day Edition

You know who the worst person is you could ever prepare a meal/lunch for?

Yeah. MOMS. Because mamas have been catering to their families for decades and have it down to an art so they know all the best ways to do whatever. When it's the daughter's turn to cater to the family, including mama, she perhaps doesn't have it down to an art so she does the best she can except it's WRONG because it isn't the way mama would do it. Or the way daddy would do it, either, as it turns out.

Meaning, I forgot to pray for Grace and Calm this Mother's Day when I hosted lunch in my home for Mama, Granny, Sis2 and Aunt G. (and Daddy and the kids)

But let's back up to The Preparation.

I should have started earlier in the week getting the house ready for hosting duty. For instance, I told myself each evening last week that I should get the Grasshog out and weed eat. And each evening last week I talked myself out of it. Because I was, you know, tired from working. So that left it all to Saturday.

So I trimmed the weeds Saturday morning. Swept the cuttings from the porch, walk-way and carport. Cleaned the kitchen and made room for Sunday's buffet style lunch. Did the laundry. Put away all the paper junk that had started creeping into my living space. By the time I started the vacuum, the DP had had enough and did something so completely annoying and rebellious that she got locked up in her crate for a couple of hours.

She peed. On my carpet. On my BEDROOM carpet. And it wasn't just a case of me not taking her out when she'd asked. She'd gone out not long before and did both "jobs." This was a case of her being pissed (pun intended) at me and letting me know. Because she walked into my line of vision, squatted and stared at me while she started peeing. And the look on her face was classic rebellion! I know that sounds funny to some folks, but dogs have facial expressions, too. If she'd been simply dying to go pee she'd have gone off in a corner and hid it. That's the nature of most dogs. Or, actually, she'd have been whining to go out. But no. She defiantly peed right in front of me and wasn't ashamed at all about it.

So yes. She got "grounded" for a couple of hours and got a full on lecture about the rules of this house and blah blah blah. I was so mad. And disappointed. It's like she'd gone out drinking with her friends and came home with a tattoo and a smoking habit.

Bad part about that is, I'd taken all of her bedding out to wash so she didn't even have her comfy pillow and blanket. Poor rebellious baby.

Anyway, after I got the pee cleaned up and Fabreezed I finished vacuuming and because I was hardly able to walk at that point I decided to give myself a pedicure complete with foot soak, a good scrub, a trim and a filing. Something I don't do all that often because I usually hafta battle the DP against drinking from the foot soak water and licking my moisturized feet. So yes. I took advantage of her time out. Bad mama.

When I finally let her out (and took her outside to pee) she was mad at me pretty much the rest of the day. No kisses. No snuggles. She wouldn't even lay on the couch with me while I watched Gilmore Girls on Soapnet. She laid on the recliner and stared at me. *shakes head* We didn't make up until supper time when she wanted to share my pizza.

But then Mama called me and reminded me that I had to go clean the church. I signed up for May and then completely forgot about it. So after all that cleaning I'd done at my own house, I had to drag my sorry and tired butt up to go clean God's house. Only took me an hour, though, so that was good. Amazingly enough, God's not nearly the slob I am.

Watched Tangled on DVD and realized that I love Zachary Levi in whatever form he's in. Animated or live. Doesn't matter. ;-)

To Be Continued Tomorrow!

Comments

Bridget Locke said…
Oh, I LOVED Tangled!

Went and saw "Fast Five" on Saturday. Mmmm...the eye candy was DELISH! lol
Heather said…
Still haven't seen Tangled. Glad you enjoyed the movie, but sorry for whatever hassles you had to deal with over the weekend.
Jana said…
Bridget~I don't recall the previews for Fast Five. I'll hafta look that up.

Heather~Tangled was pretty cute. A lot of the good classic Disney that I love with the added bonus of Zachary Levi's voice. ;-) I think the best part was that the animals (a horse and a camelian) were great characters but never said (or sang) a word. lol
Heather said…
Hey Jana: How do you spell chameleon? ROFL...
Jana said…
I apparently have no idea. LOL

Oy,these comment boxes need spell check. :-/

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today