Almost Done

Ya'll, I shouldn't complain much about priming and painting. Truth is, I'm just a wimp at physical labor. Chubby, lazy and better suited for reading, I am. Especially, after having read through some of Jen's recent posts on the work she and her hottie fireman hubby are doing on their roof. (And drooling over the fact that she's had a plethora of assorted hot firemen helping them out. I'm picturing them shirtless and tan, Jen. Please don't tell me they weren't.) Jen climbed up on the roof! And nailed stuff! In the rain! While it hailed! Eep! So Jen, hon, you are officially my DIY hero.

But since she's probably about to kick me in the shin for continuing to stalk her about it, I'll move on to what I did last night. No hunky firemen involved, unfortunately. (I gotta get me one of those...)

I done primed that last wall! *takes a bow*

But not without injury. (Shock.)

I didn't fall. No. I just dropped...the ottoman...ON MY TOE! It still hurts. And this is AFTER the wheel barrow narrowly missed fracturing my leg Wednesday night while hauling what's left of my old entertainment center to the road for garbage pick-up. I'd post ya'll a picture of my injuries but I figure no one needs (or wants!) to see my fat, hair, bruised calf. Well, maybe Maintenance Man of yore (ick!) but nobody NORMAL (ya'll are normal, right? Sorta?) would. And certainly no one needs or wants to see my scaly big toe. *shudders* Ya'll are already having nightmares without the pics, right?

What I will share--because you can never see too many pics of my primed paneling--is that last wall primed!


Tada!
 It took me around two hours from tape to clean-up, but it's done. And I didn't even hafta unhook the TV!

Chair and step stool used for climbing
to cut in at the top molding.
I has sophistication in climbing tools
and healthy fear of heights.
Probably not the brightest idea I've ever had, but I just pushed the TV cart (it's got casters!) out and maneuvered my stools and feet around the cords. Could have been disastrous. Thankfully, God answers the prayers of idiots.

BTW, Never mind the dust on the back of that TV. It's prehistoric dust thus must be preserved. At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Meanwhile, I'm in love...with a primed wall.

Beautiful, ain't it?
Now, on to a little painting Saturday morning and I can finally start piecing my living room back together. Sorta. There's still a couple things awaiting delivery that need to be added. But that's my secret for now. You'll see it when it gets here and isn't a disaster. Cause there's always that chance of disaster, ya know.

All this just in time for my CO aunt's visit next weekend. Yes, that's why I've been killing myself to get this all done. I want to impress her with my decorating and DIY skillz. What's killer? She probably won't even make it over to my house to see anything. But at least I'll be done did it all so I can rest until next year. (All grammar misuse is intentional just to drive Trix nuts, m'kay?) Why next year? Because that's how long it's gonna take to rebuild my savings and my energy.

Now Jen, about those firemen...

Comments

Heather said…
At least you know where your injuries caem from! Friday night...I wasn't home fifteen minutes before I noticed a bruise rising on the back of my right hand, right below the index knuckle. I swear I did not hit it on anything, yet there it suddenly was.

Then Saturday evening - I get home from being gone all day and realize my right shoulder is sore. Yup, another mystery bruise. That one I figure I must have been elbowed or shouldered by someone downtown, but sheesh. Really!

Oh, and blogger is refusing to acknowledge user IDs again today. Sigh...have to post under "name/urk" again.

:-\
JenMarie said…
You crack me up! You make me sound so tough, but really because of all of the big, strong guys I didn't have to lift anything heavy. I worked, but at my own pace and the hail was the only part that really stunk.

And on the plus side, I haven't had to do any exercising the last couple of weeks. Cause, you know. :)

With all of your projects, you have to work yourself up, all by yourself. With no one to help guide you onto what to do next. It's a big difference. You prob had it harder than I did.

BTW, your painting job looks fantastic! You should be UBER proud of yourself. Lovely home!
Jana said…
Ouch!

I've got a mystery bruise on my left thigh, just above my knee, if that makes you feel any better. ;-)
JenMarie said…
Oh, yeah. And they were definitely shirtless... and tan.... ;)
Jana said…
Jen~Serously, you got up on a roof. That's like...Extra cookies with sprinkles on top. :-)
Jana said…
*swoon* No wonder you didn't mind climbing up on a roof! :-D
Heather said…
Sigh...I wouldn't mind such a sight as Jen's on such a hot day as this. Very unlikely, though, since we are under a heat advisory.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today