My girls
I love, love, LOVE that Emmy and Lyssa get along so well. With such a huge age difference between them, it could've gone either way. But even though one is nearly four and the other is nearly twelve, they get along like BFF's. It sort of reminds me of the relationship I had with my aunt, Mary, who is 8 years older than me.
Emmy's so patient with her and they adore each other. I don't know that Aunt Mary adored me, but she was always patient with me and I followed her around like a puppy whenever she came to visit--much like Lyssa does with Emmy.
And you know Emmy adores Lyssa because see that picture up there?? She's letting Lyssa play a game on her iPod touch--the iPod touch she saved her allowance, birthday money and did odd jobs for (for family friends) for MONTHS to buy herself. I think her parents only had to contribute like the last twenty dollars for it and they did so because she'd been so diligent in saving for it. That, and she's such a good kid, you can't help but want to reward her. ;-)
Needless to say, she doesn't let just anybody touch the thing. But she taught Lyssa how to play a game on it and then let her play it. With her nearby, of course.
And then when it was time to put it up, she explained to Lyssa very gently and with much patience why it was time to put it up and that they'd play with it again later.
And then Lyssa tackled Emmy to the floor, wrested it away from her and said, "I don't think so, heifer."
Okay, that last part didn't happen. But wouldn't it have been funny? ;-)
Comments