Summer Bliss

There are only a handful of things that make the heat and misery of summer worth enduring. One of those things is the quiet of summer school on campus (I can cross a street and not get creamed AND don't have to wait in line for 30 minutes at Starbucks.) and another is garden fresh tomatoes. And really, there's only two things that make garden fresh tomatoes so special. One of them is called a BLT (I need to buy some bacon, dag-gummit!) and the other is biscuit and tomato for breakfast.

Don't say yuck. It's like...I don't know how to even describe it. It's simply summer on a plate.

Start by baking a perty biscuit.  I haven't yet mastered the art of making biscuits so I used the frozen and bagged kind from Wal-Mart. But fresh homemade is best.


 Cut the biscuit in half.


Slather both sides generously with mayonnaise. (It's not gross, I swear!)


Slice a tomato and plop one of those slices on one half of the biscuit. Don't  be wimpy with the size of your slices, either. Make it thick and beefy. You really wanna TASTE that tomato, ya'll.

Sprinkle lightly with a bit of salt, if you like salted tomatoes. I do. But just a tad will do it.


Plop the other half of your mayonnaise slathered biscuit on top of the tomato for a lovely breakfast sandwich...



And dig in!

YUM!

I only had two biscuits left in the freezer so I ate one today and will have another tomorrow but dag-gum them's some good eats! Thank God (and Daddy's BFF) for garden fresh tomatoes all summer long!

Comments

Heather said…
Yuck. Sorry, you can keep your tomatoes. I'm waiting for the green beans, broccoli and zucchini.
Jana said…
Awe, not a tomato lover? Bummer. Sis2 can't stand 'em either. I love 'em, though.
Heather said…
Nope, they're too acidic--my mouth doesn't like them. Add a bit of sugar, though and I'll eat them in the form of ketchup, spaghetti sauce and tomato soup.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today