And so it begins...
Home maintenance, that is.
This morning I made my first unexpected call to a repairman to fix something at the house. Since we just passed the two year mark (June 18th!) it's actually not that big a surprise. And actually, it's a not huge thing.
The air pump thingy on my septic tank is messed up. (What is it with me and septic tanks, anyway??) It has this little buzzer alarm thingy that goes off when it's no longer working properly and when I got home yesterday it was buzzing up a storm. The only other time I've heard the buzz to even know what it was was during my home inspection when the inspector plugged it in and it buzzed. That time it had some broken hoses which the home seller replaced before we closed on the house.
Unfortunately, this time I don't think it's gonna be that simple. I checked all the hoses and the cord and everything looked fine. So I figure it's the pump itself that's burned out or something. Since it's just turned 12, I figure it's about time for it to go out anyway. Saying a prayer that it doesn't suck out too much of my savings. I've got a new roof to save for, ya know.
Anyway, called a plumber this morning and he's supposed to come by sometime Monday. He's going to call me. And if he doesn't, I'm going to be calling HIM. He actually lives just around the corner from me so it isn't like I'll be hard to get to. And he's pretty reasonable with his rates. He helped the folks with their bathroom redo a couple or three years ago. (New shower and clogged drain) and if they were able to afford him, I know he can't charge all that much.
So anyway, that's where I'll be Monday. Waitin' on a plumber. Say lots and lots of prayers for me, will ya?
This morning I made my first unexpected call to a repairman to fix something at the house. Since we just passed the two year mark (June 18th!) it's actually not that big a surprise. And actually, it's a not huge thing.
The air pump thingy on my septic tank is messed up. (What is it with me and septic tanks, anyway??) It has this little buzzer alarm thingy that goes off when it's no longer working properly and when I got home yesterday it was buzzing up a storm. The only other time I've heard the buzz to even know what it was was during my home inspection when the inspector plugged it in and it buzzed. That time it had some broken hoses which the home seller replaced before we closed on the house.
Unfortunately, this time I don't think it's gonna be that simple. I checked all the hoses and the cord and everything looked fine. So I figure it's the pump itself that's burned out or something. Since it's just turned 12, I figure it's about time for it to go out anyway. Saying a prayer that it doesn't suck out too much of my savings. I've got a new roof to save for, ya know.
Anyway, called a plumber this morning and he's supposed to come by sometime Monday. He's going to call me. And if he doesn't, I'm going to be calling HIM. He actually lives just around the corner from me so it isn't like I'll be hard to get to. And he's pretty reasonable with his rates. He helped the folks with their bathroom redo a couple or three years ago. (New shower and clogged drain) and if they were able to afford him, I know he can't charge all that much.
So anyway, that's where I'll be Monday. Waitin' on a plumber. Say lots and lots of prayers for me, will ya?
Comments