Dear Universe...

The plural of "father-in-law" (or whatever-in-law) is "FatherS-in-law" not father-in-laws.

Thanks,
Me

P.S. Could you lay off me for a while? I've had my share for the next little. Also? I'm broke. *smooches*

For the rest of you, I'll be back later (or tomorrow) with my harrowing woes of the weekend. A little preview: I spent over $1100 in three days. And not on anything fun. :-(

Comments

JenMarie said…
Yipes. Hang in there.
JenMarie said…
By the way, if it's for the house, it's called capital. When renting you throw away 100% of your money each month, when you own you only throw away the interest. At the end of your loan, you will not have a monthly fee for the home, other than real estate taxes.

So, just consider it an investment. You are taking care of your future.

That is, if you are talking about money for the house. If not, this post doesn't really make sense.
Heather said…
EEK! I am sooo sorry to hear that, Jana. I take it it wasn't a little septic problem afterall? Darn...so much for the roof fund, eh? (((HUGS)))

(BTW, you jinxed us--guess what happened at work Saturday?)
Heather said…
Oh, and dare I ask about the grammar lesson? I mean, coming from you? *g*
Jana said…
Jen~I call it highway robbery. I swear I shoulda gone into the plumbing business! lol

Heather~How'd I jinx you? :-/

The grammar lesson--You know, I'm a terrible speller but I'm usually fairly good with grammar. As in, I KNOW grammer fairly well. I don't always USE it but that's usually on purpose. One of those "you gotta know the rules in order to break them" things. Except for commas. I'm terrible at commas.

But the fathers-in-law thing...I was reading a blog yesterday and she said "Thank God for father-in-laws" and I just cringed. Mostly because I figure 95% of English speaking Americans misuse that but also because a widely read blogger used it on her blog.

And while I might throw out the occasional "I ain't got no" HOPEFULLY everyone knows I know better, I'm just reverting to my heritage willfully and purposefully. ;-)
Heather said…
Jana: The jinx - septic backed up at work Saturday. Thankfully, there was someone around at the time to call Roto-Rooter right away, but it's still a bit wet in here. Thankfully, the smell isn't too bad today since fans have been going constantly all week.

Grammar: Ah! Gotcha! And completely understand. It's right up there with not getting the plural right on sisters-in-law, etc.
Jana said…
EXACTLY. lol

Speaking of, do you recall the Gilmore Girls episode where Laurelai and Rory have a silly conversation about how odd it is that the plural of cul-de-sac is culs-de-sac? I just always think that episode when the plural of whatevers-in-law comes up. :-D

Eep! Sorry about the septic prob at work! Glad it got fixed pronto. I should just called Roto Rooter. They're who the landlord at the lakehouse used (every six months!) when the septic tank would back up. And they were always way cool to deal with. Much more professional.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today