Let Libby Eat Cake
As you may recall, Libby turned 5 on June 26. Just so happens, this fell on the week I was at home. When I asked her what kind of dessert she wanted she said, "Carrot Cake, Mama!"
Okay, so what really went down was me going through a list of non-chocolate desserts asking her what she wanted. She got most excited when I mentioned carrot cake so I took that to be her request.
Yes. I realize how silly this sounds. I sound like one of those crazy women who dress their dogs and carry them around in purses, don't I? But I lubs my Baby Tater (one of the DP's gazillion nicknames) and as I have discovered a love of baking, naturally I wanted to bake her something.
Enter, these:
I got a mini-cupcake pan for Christmas last year so I thought, Hmmmm...Baby Cupcakes for my Baby Tater! And believe it or not, these are from SCRATCH. No Duncan Hines required. Although, Duncan Hines does make a KILLER carrot cake mix, just so you know.
I found the recipe on (shock) PW's Tasty Kitchen. And Oh. Em. Gee. They are delish. If you make 'em, you should know that I add a 1/2 cup chopped pecans in mine to send 'em over the top. I actually made these for Mama's birthday last year so Libs musta remembered 'em. ;-)
While she wasn't all that thrilled that her mama was in the kitchen again(!!), she was super happy with her birthday cake. Only trouble I had was keeping her from burning her nose on the candle before I could blow it out for her.
And yes. I sang to her. ;-)
Okay, so what really went down was me going through a list of non-chocolate desserts asking her what she wanted. She got most excited when I mentioned carrot cake so I took that to be her request.
Yes. I realize how silly this sounds. I sound like one of those crazy women who dress their dogs and carry them around in purses, don't I? But I lubs my Baby Tater (one of the DP's gazillion nicknames) and as I have discovered a love of baking, naturally I wanted to bake her something.
Enter, these:
| Frosting two and a half dozen mini cupcakes is an exercise in patience, lemme tell ya! |
I found the recipe on (shock) PW's Tasty Kitchen. And Oh. Em. Gee. They are delish. If you make 'em, you should know that I add a 1/2 cup chopped pecans in mine to send 'em over the top. I actually made these for Mama's birthday last year so Libs musta remembered 'em. ;-)
While she wasn't all that thrilled that her mama was in the kitchen again(!!), she was super happy with her birthday cake. Only trouble I had was keeping her from burning her nose on the candle before I could blow it out for her.
| She wouldn't tell me what she wished for. :-/ |
Comments
Happy Birthday, Libs!