Starting Early!


Alyssa likes to "read" to Ethan. Ethan likes to pretend he's paying attention.

While she can actually recognize some words and write her own name, she can't actually read. What she CAN do is memorize the stories as her mama reads them to her and recite it back.

I think we've got a genius on our hands here. Also? She'll be four in a couple of weeks. FOUR. *gasp*

Comments

JenMarie said…
Oh WHERE does the time go?
Jana said…
I wonder the same thing. *sniffle*
Heather said…
Oh, I thought I had commented on this last week. Never too early to foster an interest in books. I'm sure Alyssa will be reading for real in no time!
Jana said…
Yeah, she's already recognizing some words and is very faithful about working in her workbook. Sis2's been homeschooling pre-school lessons so each day they have about an hour (While Efan's napping) where they work in workbooks for numbers, words and writing. She actually ASKS to do the workbooks. :-)

May not be a big deal, really, but I think it's awesome.
Heather said…
That IS awesome, Jana! Way to go, sis!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today