Twilight Marathon

Milk Duds, Peanut Butter M&M's, Whoppers,
Mike and Ike's, Sour Skittles, Jolly rancher's Gummies
Pretzel M&M's, BBQ Pringles, Pizza Pringles,
Movie Theater Butter Popcorn,  and White Cheddar
Popcorn "dust".

One of the big things Emmy and I did while she was here with me in June was a movie day. And not just ANY movie day. A Twilight Saga Marathon day!

We went to visit Granny early that morning because we both needed to see her and I had to take her some scones. (I had scones coming out my ears!) But after our visit we went back to my house, grabbed those boxes of candy and snuggled in for the long haul.

We closed the drapes, cut off all the lights, grabbed our respective spots (me on the love seat, Emmy on the recliner) and giggled over how pasty and dumb Edward is and how amazing and hawt Jacob is. (We're both team Jacob all the way.)

We ate strictly candy during the first one. Then we took a lunch break and ate pizza. We popped popcorn for New Moon and cracked open the pringles and finished the candy during Eclipse. The only thing we never got around to was the ice cream I'd bought. (not pictured.) Which worked out well enough, though. We ate that when she came over Wednesday night. Vanilla Bean ice cream with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and some cherries on top. YUM.

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures during the marathon. There could have been some good shots of Emmy being silly and she and the Devil Pup cuddled up together. But I'd left my camera in my bag all the way in the mudroom and was too lazy didn't want to disturb the girls to go get it.

Needless to say I, err, gained a few pounds while I was off that week. ;-)

Comments

JenMarie said…
Awesome! Occasional splurges like that are well worth it!
Jana said…
I think she enjoyed that better than she did painting pottery at the pottery studio. Her mama rarely ever lets her eat junk food, either, so all that junk was a real treat--to both of us! :)
Heather said…
Hehe...we did this back in December, the day the third movie came out. Kim stayed up until midnight to buy the movie (she figured she had a better chance of still being up late, than getting up early). Glad Emmy enjoyed your movie marathon!
JenMarie said…
Sometimes my daughter and I will have girl nights, where we soak our feet, watch terrible girl movies and eat junk food. It's awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today