Cranky Friday
It's one of those days where both sides of the bed were wrong and I just shoulda never got up. And on a Friday, too! Not fair, universe. Not fair.
But anyway, last night we had a wicked awesome thunderstorm complete with a power outage. Lost electricity at 7:30--AFTER the worst of the storm had passed over. It was hardly even raining at that point. I dragged out my big lantern thing and read back issues of People Magazine until I went to bed at 9:30. Libby, who has inexplicably become terrified of thunder, locked herself up in her room and refused to come out until I mentioned going outside to do her business. I held her a little bit and sang her a lullaby before tucking her in for the night and she said she'd tuck her own self in if it meant I'd shut up with the singing already.
Devil Pups. They're so ungrateful.
Fortunately, the storm blew in some cooler temps so that the house didn't become an incinerator. I cracked my bedroom window before going to bed and for some reason thought it might be wise to go ahead and turn the fans on so that when the power came back they'd already be on and I could snooze straight through.
I'm not always terribly bright but ya'll already knew that.
I drifted off to dreamland to the peaceful sound of raindrops dripping off the roof, crickets chirping and frogs serenading the countryside. About two hours later I came awake in a panic thinking the house was being bombed. The sudden noise from the fans was that disorienting. Plus, the problematic smoke alarm chirped and the TV in the living room cut on with fuzz. Ya'll, I was halfway under the bed before I realized it was just the electricity back on.
Well, I would have been halfway under the bed. You know, if I could fit halfway under the bed. :-/
Anyway, so once I got my heart back in my chest, I stumbled down the hall to turn off the TV which, I don't know why it came back on. It never comes back on when a power outage cuts it off. I think it was just messin' with me.
Finally staggered back to my bedroom, closed the window and snuggled back in, thankful that the A/C was back on. Was just dozing back off when my phone rings. It's the electric company's automated system calling to make sure power had been restored. I think I garbled a yes.
And all that could be why I'm such a cranky pants today. Well, that and the fact that everyone keeps bothering me. *snarl*
In other random news, one my cousins has de-friended me on f-book. I remembered that yesterday was her birthday so I was gonna pop over to her page and add my "Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one!" to the million others she probably had. But then I couldn't find her on my friends list. So I tracked her page down via her mom's page. And yep. I'd been de-friended. "This user only allows certain items to be shown to non-friends" or however it's worded. So, :-p~~~ to her, too. See if I play hide and seek with her kid for hours at the next holiday, the little snot.
Noticed she also unfriended my mother, though. So apparently my family has done something to upset her, I guess. Maybe it was the kindness in letting her obnoxious kid crash my birthday back in March. Or perhaps it was the countless hours I played hide and seek with him on the 4th of July. Or maybe we breathe wrong. Who knows? Instead of confronting us like an adult, she childishly knocked us off her f-book page. But you know what? That's just how she rolls. Been there, done that with her AND her mom in one form or another. And honestly? I'm not missing much by not seeing her status updates. They never made any sense anyway. Phooey on her!
Also? While I was searching Mama's friends list to see if my cousin was still on there, I noticed that my mother is friends with a LOT of people I know and grew up with who haven't bothered to "friend" me.
F-book is bad for my self-esteem, ya'll. ;-)
Now, I'm going to wait out the end of this horrendous day and pray that chocolate is in my near future.
But anyway, last night we had a wicked awesome thunderstorm complete with a power outage. Lost electricity at 7:30--AFTER the worst of the storm had passed over. It was hardly even raining at that point. I dragged out my big lantern thing and read back issues of People Magazine until I went to bed at 9:30. Libby, who has inexplicably become terrified of thunder, locked herself up in her room and refused to come out until I mentioned going outside to do her business. I held her a little bit and sang her a lullaby before tucking her in for the night and she said she'd tuck her own self in if it meant I'd shut up with the singing already.
Devil Pups. They're so ungrateful.
Fortunately, the storm blew in some cooler temps so that the house didn't become an incinerator. I cracked my bedroom window before going to bed and for some reason thought it might be wise to go ahead and turn the fans on so that when the power came back they'd already be on and I could snooze straight through.
I'm not always terribly bright but ya'll already knew that.
I drifted off to dreamland to the peaceful sound of raindrops dripping off the roof, crickets chirping and frogs serenading the countryside. About two hours later I came awake in a panic thinking the house was being bombed. The sudden noise from the fans was that disorienting. Plus, the problematic smoke alarm chirped and the TV in the living room cut on with fuzz. Ya'll, I was halfway under the bed before I realized it was just the electricity back on.
Well, I would have been halfway under the bed. You know, if I could fit halfway under the bed. :-/
Anyway, so once I got my heart back in my chest, I stumbled down the hall to turn off the TV which, I don't know why it came back on. It never comes back on when a power outage cuts it off. I think it was just messin' with me.
Finally staggered back to my bedroom, closed the window and snuggled back in, thankful that the A/C was back on. Was just dozing back off when my phone rings. It's the electric company's automated system calling to make sure power had been restored. I think I garbled a yes.
And all that could be why I'm such a cranky pants today. Well, that and the fact that everyone keeps bothering me. *snarl*
In other random news, one my cousins has de-friended me on f-book. I remembered that yesterday was her birthday so I was gonna pop over to her page and add my "Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one!" to the million others she probably had. But then I couldn't find her on my friends list. So I tracked her page down via her mom's page. And yep. I'd been de-friended. "This user only allows certain items to be shown to non-friends" or however it's worded. So, :-p~~~ to her, too. See if I play hide and seek with her kid for hours at the next holiday, the little snot.
Noticed she also unfriended my mother, though. So apparently my family has done something to upset her, I guess. Maybe it was the kindness in letting her obnoxious kid crash my birthday back in March. Or perhaps it was the countless hours I played hide and seek with him on the 4th of July. Or maybe we breathe wrong. Who knows? Instead of confronting us like an adult, she childishly knocked us off her f-book page. But you know what? That's just how she rolls. Been there, done that with her AND her mom in one form or another. And honestly? I'm not missing much by not seeing her status updates. They never made any sense anyway. Phooey on her!
Also? While I was searching Mama's friends list to see if my cousin was still on there, I noticed that my mother is friends with a LOT of people I know and grew up with who haven't bothered to "friend" me.
F-book is bad for my self-esteem, ya'll. ;-)
Now, I'm going to wait out the end of this horrendous day and pray that chocolate is in my near future.
Comments