Faux Fall
For the past two mornings stepping outside has been...well, the temps being 68 degrees at 6:30 am?? One word comes to mind: Bliss. The air has had a taste of Fall in it that has my entire being ashiver with delight. (Ashiver. heh.)
While I know without a doubt that it won't last--we have a good five weeks left left to endure 90-something degree temps--my summer weary soul is craving a big pot a chili, an open window of cool autumn air and a fuzzy blanket. I can almost TASTE that chili. It has my mouth watering.
Even yesterday afternoon when I left work, the air had a nice crisp breeze in it and the sun wasn't scalding. I thought, Mmmm, wouldn't a big pot of chili hit the spot right now? Unfortunately, by the time I got home, the crisp was gone and the air was thick and heavy again. Drat.
So, forgive me but I can't help saying a selfish prayer: Please, God, let Fall come early and last long this year!
While I know without a doubt that it won't last--we have a good five weeks left left to endure 90-something degree temps--my summer weary soul is craving a big pot a chili, an open window of cool autumn air and a fuzzy blanket. I can almost TASTE that chili. It has my mouth watering.
Even yesterday afternoon when I left work, the air had a nice crisp breeze in it and the sun wasn't scalding. I thought, Mmmm, wouldn't a big pot of chili hit the spot right now? Unfortunately, by the time I got home, the crisp was gone and the air was thick and heavy again. Drat.
So, forgive me but I can't help saying a selfish prayer: Please, God, let Fall come early and last long this year!
Comments
Bliss.
Oh, did you get my DM on Twitter w/ my new addie? Wasn't sure, so thought I would ask. :)