la table de rédaction

I remembered my camera this morning. Yay! Or depending on how you feel about photos of tables, "Meh."

This here's the drafting table Mama bought me. Ten bucks at the Methodist yard sale. I'm still not quite sure what to do with it.

It's kind of dinged up a bit...


Whoever had it before me must have used it a lot...for phone messages.



I think staining it might not be a bad idea. It's real wood, after all. But would all the cup rings and stuff show through? Maybe if I condition the wood and sand it really well... Or, I may decide to do a cool graphic paint treatment on the top and stain the legs. Or spray paint it all.

The possibilities are endless. What to do with it AFTER I fix it up is another thing entirely. Any ideas? It can be adjusted to be flat instead of angled so there's always the possibility of using it as a regular table somewhere. (An end table?) But it doesn't look as cool. Too bad I'm not a budding architect!

Anyway, that's an upcoming project to add to my list. I've still got to stain the small chest in the entry way, paint the short book case in my bedroom and give it new legs, build/buy a desk for Libby's room, repaint Libby's room and possibly paint the laminate countertops in the kitchen and master bath. I'll never be short of stuff to do, for sure.

Comments

Heather said…
I would definitely start with sanding and, whether you decide to paint, stain, mosaic tile or decoupage, end with sealing. If it lies flat and is sturdy in that position, it'd make a greta little crafts table. At least, that's the first thing I thought of. *g*
Jana said…
Hmmm...decoupage...this is something I have not yet tried. I may have to consider trying it. This may be the perfect little experiment.

Thanks for the suggestions, Trix! :)
JenMarie said…
Could you replace your craft table with it? Or is it not big enough?

It's pretty cool, though! I would sand and reseal, but I really like light wood.
Jana said…
Jen~This table is half the length and about three inches taller than I need, ideally, for craft projects. To work comfortably at it, I'd also need a barstool. I might still try it, though, just to see if it'll work. You never know... ;-)

I guess wherever I place and use it will ultimately decide how I refinish it. So I guess I'll just have to move it around the house until I find the right fit for it.
JenMarie said…
Could you stick it in a corner of Libby's room? Just for the look of 'hey, I'm artistic!'
Heather said…
Would it fit in the spare bedroom? Or as a small workspace in the kitchen or laundry room?
Jana said…
Jen~LOL I have actually considered the "hey, look, I'm artistic" placement. I think if I painted it up or decoupaged it with something cool it could stand alone as art itself. :-D

Or, I could use it sort of like an easle and rotate art on it. This would, of course, all have to be in Libby's room. No room for non-functioning furniture in the Living room.

Heather~Spare bedroom is jam packed. Tiny bedrooms in this house. Super tiny kitchen--though it would be AWESOME for some extra counter space. It's perfect height for that. Just...nowhere near the kitchen to put it.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today