There was a weekend?

I missed it.

I had to work a few hours on Saturday and combined with the long drive to and from, I hardly had any "off" time that day. When I did get home I got busy and did fun chore type things. You know. Laundry. Vacuuming. Dishes. Those kinds of chores.

I even cleaned all McSucker's cups and filters. One of the filthier jobs of the day. I took a picture of all his guts laid out on my counter to dry because I know ya'll love that kind of crap. But I left my camera at home because I am lame.

Also, I roasted a chicken. First one I've ever done so I'm kind of proud of myself. It was way super easier than I'd always imagined. Probably the hardest part was when I was rubbing the butter/brown sugar mixture on it and couldn't get the butter to stick in places.  I didn't get it in the oven until around 7 that night so unfortunately it wasn't done in time for supper. BUT...the DP and I had a nice little late night feast while I was carving it up to put it way at 10pm. :)

Yesterday (Sunday) was the usual church, lunch with folks thing. Mama went to visit my grandparents so
Daddy and I watched Unknown (Liam Neeson thriller) on DVD. He actually stayed awake through (almost) the entire thing! Must've been a good movie. Or maybe it was the ice cream sandwiches we ate that kept him awake.

Anyway, it was a nice restful day.

For some reason this season I've gotten hooked on Food Network Star. I don't think I've watched any seasons except for the year that Aaron McCargo Jr. aka Big Daddy won and I SO did not like him because he was a bit of a snot. (Still can't stand to watch his show. Blech!) But I've been watching this season and enjoying it. Mostly because I like to make fun of some of the people. But also because Bobby Flay acts all badass and it's kinda hot. AND...I'm kinda crushing on Jeff.

I dreamed about it last night. Actually, I dreamed I was a competitor. Sadly, I got eliminated. Guess my roasted chicken wasn't THAT good. :-(

Morning came early, unfortunately, and I'm dragging. Thankfully, I'm taking off at 10 tomorrow for a little R&R with the babies. Emmy's coming at some point tomorrow (was supposed to be today, dag-gummit!) so thought we'd do fun stuff. Take the little ones to Micky D's playplace for lunch. Grab some fro-yo at the new place in town. Maybe do a little shopping for Lyssa's birthday party in a couple of weeks. Sis2 hasn't even STARTED planning it. Bad sis.

Sheesh! Was that a totally rambling post or what?



Anyhoo, since my Monday headache is starting to rage at me, Imma go in search of some Advil and maybe a Coke or something. Or some cookies. Yeah, cookies'll cure what ails me!

Comments

Heather said…
What, you'd never cooked a whole chicken before? Giiirrrrl... I was doing that back in the fourth grade. Really. Pork chops and roasts, too, yet for some reason it often surprises people that I can cook. Doesn't mean I like to, but I can.

I do hope your Monday got better, the headache went away, and that you have a fun Tuesday afternoon.
Jana said…
Nope, never cooked a whole chicken before. Daddy's not big on roasted chicken so Mama never made them. Hence, I never really knew about them until Food Network. lol

Thanks. Headache went away around 8:30 last night, finally.
JenMarie said…
Oh, man! NOw I want a cookie. Real. Bad.
Jana said…
Jen~Girl, I found the promised land of cookie recipes. How Sweet It Is Have you seen her before? She posts on PW's Tasty Kitchen sometimes. I printed out at least 10 cookie recipes yesterday, I was so enthralled. LOL

Now, to buy the ingrediants...:-/
JenMarie said…
YES! I got there from the Pioneer Woman as well. Soooo yum and she's funny too. :)

I tried her chocolate chip cookie recipe, the texture was PERFECT!!!, but I thought it was too sweet and maybe too much white sugar to brown sugar ratio. The flavor seemed off.

Her peanut butter cookies she posted Monday look to die for! Let me know what you try!
Jana said…
I'm thinkin' either the peanut butter or the giant rainbow cookies. Or both at the same time. I'm not working this weekend so I may be baking! hehehehe
Heather said…
I think your headache was diverted this way. I went to bed with one, I woke up with one, I've had it ALL flippin' day. And I'm supposed to go to the season's last Concerts on the Square tonight. Ugh. I could really use a nap, but still have an hour to go here. *whimper*

And did I mention I recently discovered an entire cook book devoted to cookies I forgot I had? One of my sisters sent it a couple years ago, and it somehow never made it into my kitchen. No idea how that happened.
Jana said…
Ack! Sorry 'bout that, Trix. Hope it goes away soon.

How does one lose a cookie cookbook?? Boggles the mind. I'd keep it right next to the cookie jar. ;-)
Heather said…
I know, I know... It came in a small box with a couple other items. I think that was when I was sorting through a lot of stuff and just set it aside so as not to get it mixed up with the Good Will pile. Glad I found it again, as one of the items in the box made a great birthday present for a friend.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today