Weekend Review #5678492
Hang on it's going to be a wild ride.
Except not.
My weekend was fairly bland. A fact I'm rather thankful for, actually.
Friday afternoon one of the Methodist churches began their annual gigantic "garage sale" in their activity center. And I don't know if ya'll know this, but churches have the BEST yard sales ever. And this church, in particular, is best with awesome sauce on top. They collect all year from their members and anyone else who wants to donate and 100% of the profit goes to missions and charities. Needless to say, Mama and I stopped by after work to give it a look-see. Ya'll, I wish I'd had a trailer and some reupholstering skills because they had a TON of awesome furniture I'd have loved to take home with me and redo. Wing back chairs galore. And I don't know why, but I love wing back chairs. But since I have neither a trailer nor any upholstering skills I had to leave them. *quiet sob*
I did come home with a pretty serving dish that I paid a dollar for. I took pictures but then left my camera at home. Bad blogger.
After all that big spending, I went home and ate a Totinos while watching two episodes of True Blood season 3 on DVD. I do not recommend eating ANYTHING while watching True Blood, though. *gag spew* It's bloody.
Watched Haven on Syfy and dozed off during the two minutes the motive for murder was revealed at the end. Thank goodness I know myself well enough to have recorded the episode so that I could go back and rewatch later.
*Question for TV executives: Why must all good shows come on at nine? I'm an overworkedold lady young professional who needs her sleep and likes to be in bed by nine pm.
So Saturday I got up semi-early (6:30am) and went to town for my weekly grocery excursion and was home by 8:30. I don't know why 6:30 only seems semi-early to me. Maybe because I must rise at 5:05am each day for work? *shrugs* Meanwhile, 8:30 feels like mid-day to me. lol
For the past month of Saturdays I've been mentally writing a letter to Sonic while I eat my breakfast. Sonic, while still delicious, is shrinking their food. Even their peppermints are shrinking. Look for photos in the future. If they ever start shrinking their coffees or Java Chillers I'm boycotting. Needless to say, my sausage egg and cheese croissant was delish but tiny.
The Devil Pup then dragged my butt outside for a "poop walk" but never pooped. We walked every square inch of our acre and a half and all she did was sniff and bark. The neighbor's dog, Jigs, was out and she enjoys sitting on the property line staring at us intimidatingly. She's a big Boxer so she's kinda scary looking even is she IS a big teddy bear. Libs hates her guts and tells her to "bring it, b****." At least that's what she says up until Jigs actually crosses the property line and heads our way. Then she says, "My Mama is so gonna tear your butt up" whilst she runs towards the house. Jigs thinks we're hilarious, of course.
After the jaunt outside I was headed to the shower when I flipped the TV to the Food Network. Ree was on Paula Deen so I decided to watch that instead. And I know it's probably wrong to say this (or even think it) but good gravy is Ree's hubby a hottie! I mean, I knew this from the pics she posts but even his voice is sexy. Ya'll, I was swoonin' all over my living room and it wasn't because of no enchiladas. *fans self*
So ya'll can just imagine how thoroughly I enjoyed watching Ree's new show on Food Network directly after that.
Anyway, I'm happy to report that I am now in possession of a new pair of work out pants so I have no excuses NOT to resume my walking/exercising. I found a pair of Danskin yoga pants on clearance at W-Mart for $9 and brought them home. I broke them in as soon as The Pioneer Woman went off. There's a reason for that. You see, I stepped on the scale before I left for town Saturday morning and the darned thing cursed a blue streak at me and I cursed back when it read that I'd not only regained the 15lbs I lost last year, but I'd added seven more to it! *loud sobs*
I mean, I knew I had gained back most of what I'd lost and I also knew I was on a upward spiral with all those cookies I'd been baking and eating as well as all the lattes and junk. (and the afternoon chips and Coke) I guess that seven extra pounds was just the kick in the pants I needed to get back on track. Sadly, I was only able to make it through 20 minutes of the 30 minute DVD but I guess I gotta start somewhere. *sigh*
After I recovered from my "walk" I got busy with laundry, kitchen clean-up, etc. Then Libs and I sprawled on the couch to watch three hours of Gilmore Girls and read Baby Drive South. I'm only about a third of the way through it and I'd like very much to slap Porter (the H) around a bit before dragging him back to my cave for...well, you don't need the mental image of what for. ;-) He's such a dolt but a sexy as all get out dolt. *shiver*
THEN, Mama showed up with a surprise. She'd gone back to the Methodist garage sale to see if they'd marked anything down yet. The day before I'd off handedly admired a beat up drafting table but didn't even consider bringing it home for $20. Well, she managed to talk them down to $10 and bought it for me! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it or even use it for. I'm not an architect, after all. But it's a cool piece of furniture and I can't believe she actually bought it for me. So I guess sometimes she DOES listen to me. I took photos of this, as well. Maybe one of these years you'll get to see them.
Saturday night I went wild and watched my DVD's of Walk the Line and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie). Am I the only person in the universe who loves the original movie version of Buffy way more than the TV series? I'm not a Sara Michelle Geller fan at all so the TV series kinda made me wanna puke. But I love, love, LOVE the campy nature of the movie. I wanted to BE Buffy when I was a pre-teen. She was, like, awesomely cool. Plus, hello...Luke Perry? How yummy was he?
Sunday good. Church, lunch at the folks' house, etc. Not long after I got home I found Julie and Julia on FX so I watched that. I don't know why, exactly, but I really enjoy that movie. I've heard others say that they only liked the Julia Child portion of the film but I like it all. *shrug*
And ya'll, that was the extent of my wild and crazy weekend. Seriously, I've got to stop all this crazy behavior before I end up in jail or something.
Except not.
My weekend was fairly bland. A fact I'm rather thankful for, actually.
Friday afternoon one of the Methodist churches began their annual gigantic "garage sale" in their activity center. And I don't know if ya'll know this, but churches have the BEST yard sales ever. And this church, in particular, is best with awesome sauce on top. They collect all year from their members and anyone else who wants to donate and 100% of the profit goes to missions and charities. Needless to say, Mama and I stopped by after work to give it a look-see. Ya'll, I wish I'd had a trailer and some reupholstering skills because they had a TON of awesome furniture I'd have loved to take home with me and redo. Wing back chairs galore. And I don't know why, but I love wing back chairs. But since I have neither a trailer nor any upholstering skills I had to leave them. *quiet sob*
I did come home with a pretty serving dish that I paid a dollar for. I took pictures but then left my camera at home. Bad blogger.
After all that big spending, I went home and ate a Totinos while watching two episodes of True Blood season 3 on DVD. I do not recommend eating ANYTHING while watching True Blood, though. *gag spew* It's bloody.
Watched Haven on Syfy and dozed off during the two minutes the motive for murder was revealed at the end. Thank goodness I know myself well enough to have recorded the episode so that I could go back and rewatch later.
*Question for TV executives: Why must all good shows come on at nine? I'm an overworked
So Saturday I got up semi-early (6:30am) and went to town for my weekly grocery excursion and was home by 8:30. I don't know why 6:30 only seems semi-early to me. Maybe because I must rise at 5:05am each day for work? *shrugs* Meanwhile, 8:30 feels like mid-day to me. lol
For the past month of Saturdays I've been mentally writing a letter to Sonic while I eat my breakfast. Sonic, while still delicious, is shrinking their food. Even their peppermints are shrinking. Look for photos in the future. If they ever start shrinking their coffees or Java Chillers I'm boycotting. Needless to say, my sausage egg and cheese croissant was delish but tiny.
The Devil Pup then dragged my butt outside for a "poop walk" but never pooped. We walked every square inch of our acre and a half and all she did was sniff and bark. The neighbor's dog, Jigs, was out and she enjoys sitting on the property line staring at us intimidatingly. She's a big Boxer so she's kinda scary looking even is she IS a big teddy bear. Libs hates her guts and tells her to "bring it, b****." At least that's what she says up until Jigs actually crosses the property line and heads our way. Then she says, "My Mama is so gonna tear your butt up" whilst she runs towards the house. Jigs thinks we're hilarious, of course.
After the jaunt outside I was headed to the shower when I flipped the TV to the Food Network. Ree was on Paula Deen so I decided to watch that instead. And I know it's probably wrong to say this (or even think it) but good gravy is Ree's hubby a hottie! I mean, I knew this from the pics she posts but even his voice is sexy. Ya'll, I was swoonin' all over my living room and it wasn't because of no enchiladas. *fans self*
So ya'll can just imagine how thoroughly I enjoyed watching Ree's new show on Food Network directly after that.
Anyway, I'm happy to report that I am now in possession of a new pair of work out pants so I have no excuses NOT to resume my walking/exercising. I found a pair of Danskin yoga pants on clearance at W-Mart for $9 and brought them home. I broke them in as soon as The Pioneer Woman went off. There's a reason for that. You see, I stepped on the scale before I left for town Saturday morning and the darned thing cursed a blue streak at me and I cursed back when it read that I'd not only regained the 15lbs I lost last year, but I'd added seven more to it! *loud sobs*
I mean, I knew I had gained back most of what I'd lost and I also knew I was on a upward spiral with all those cookies I'd been baking and eating as well as all the lattes and junk. (and the afternoon chips and Coke) I guess that seven extra pounds was just the kick in the pants I needed to get back on track. Sadly, I was only able to make it through 20 minutes of the 30 minute DVD but I guess I gotta start somewhere. *sigh*
After I recovered from my "walk" I got busy with laundry, kitchen clean-up, etc. Then Libs and I sprawled on the couch to watch three hours of Gilmore Girls and read Baby Drive South. I'm only about a third of the way through it and I'd like very much to slap Porter (the H) around a bit before dragging him back to my cave for...well, you don't need the mental image of what for. ;-) He's such a dolt but a sexy as all get out dolt. *shiver*
THEN, Mama showed up with a surprise. She'd gone back to the Methodist garage sale to see if they'd marked anything down yet. The day before I'd off handedly admired a beat up drafting table but didn't even consider bringing it home for $20. Well, she managed to talk them down to $10 and bought it for me! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it or even use it for. I'm not an architect, after all. But it's a cool piece of furniture and I can't believe she actually bought it for me. So I guess sometimes she DOES listen to me. I took photos of this, as well. Maybe one of these years you'll get to see them.
Saturday night I went wild and watched my DVD's of Walk the Line and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie). Am I the only person in the universe who loves the original movie version of Buffy way more than the TV series? I'm not a Sara Michelle Geller fan at all so the TV series kinda made me wanna puke. But I love, love, LOVE the campy nature of the movie. I wanted to BE Buffy when I was a pre-teen. She was, like, awesomely cool. Plus, hello...Luke Perry? How yummy was he?
Sunday good. Church, lunch at the folks' house, etc. Not long after I got home I found Julie and Julia on FX so I watched that. I don't know why, exactly, but I really enjoy that movie. I've heard others say that they only liked the Julia Child portion of the film but I like it all. *shrug*
And ya'll, that was the extent of my wild and crazy weekend. Seriously, I've got to stop all this crazy behavior before I end up in jail or something.
Comments
How sweet your mom was looking out for you and bought you a surprise!
I missed Ree's first episode! I forgot to add it to the DVR. :(
Oh, and I LOVE Buffy, too. But I also love the series. Both are good in my book. I could quote the movie and most seasons. Sad, but true.
I loved Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia. So spot on. :)
Glad you had a good weekend!