Dude, where's my Saturday?

It's at work! Blech.

Yeah, 'nother one of those pesky work Saturdays. Fortunately, it only lasts three hours and I'm already an hour in. Two hours left! Booya!

Sis2 and I are meeting for lunch after. She wanted to get away from Goofus for a minute before she's stuck with him in Dallas all week. hehehe Poor girl. Hopefully this time, we can keep it under four hours. If he has to come looking for us again, it will NOT be pretty. Especially since she's supposed to be packing for their trip.

She told me the other night while we were making plans that when she mentioned it to Goofus he didn't say anything but he did give her THE LOOK. After last week's late night out he'll always give her that look when mentioning going out with me. I'm such a BAD influence, doncha know.

Anyway, I have good news and not so good news.

The good news is: Yesterday when I stepped on the scale I was down 4lbs. Most of it is probably just water weight, or something. I certainly don't FEEL four pounds lighter, nor do my clothes fit four pounds lighter. BUT, there had to have been an ounce or two of real weight lost in there somewhere, right? That's what I'm choosing to believe, anyway.

The bad news? Oy. I fell off the wagon yesterday. I fell hard. To be fair to me, it's not entirely my fault, though. You see, I was TRYING to be good. I had my little palmfull of almonds and my glass of water for break yesterday morning. Walked in the breakroom and A had two dozen donuts sitting on the table.

"I brought donuts so you don't have to eat your almonds today. You've been eating them all week."

I gave her a look and shook my head and let her know that I really wish she hadn't have. She gave me a mild lecture on it and then went back to reading her magazine. The boxes of donuts stayed closed and bagged on the table. AND I WAS FINE. As long as I didn't SEE them, I didn't really WANT them.

So I started eating my almonds and sipping my water and E came in and we were all chatting and giggling and having a good time making fun of the "manly men" in the Esquire Mag someone had left on the table. Then E says, "Are you not going to actually share those donuts?"

Of course A pulls out the boxes, opens them up and waves an entire dozen chocolate covered donuts under my nose. ARGH! Before I knew what was happening, my chubby little hand snuck in there and grabbed one. I snarfed that sucker in four bites. *heavy sigh* Curses!

I'm so not good with temptation. At. All.

So that was an infraction of the sugar-lite commitment but I told myself, it's okay. It's just this once and we just won't do it again.

Then I had a Coke at lunch. I got off work at 12:30 yesterday so Mama and I went to Sonic for a $1 burger. Of course I got a Coke. Then Sis2 needed me to make her some chocolate peanut clusters for their trip and I ate two. Okay, fine. I ate three. AND I had the coffee I'd already allowed myself.

So if you heard a booming thud yesterday, that was me, falling off the sugar-lite wagon. But I'm (mostly) back on it today. I know I'll probably have a Coke at lunch today just because the cafe we're going to offer have free water and I refuse to pay for something I could get from the tap for free. BUT, I won't have my coffee tonight to make up for it. AND, I won't get dessert. Probably. Ugh.

I suck.

I did do something proactive yesterday, though. I finally got around to buying a bottle of multivitamins and I specifically chose the ones for active metabolism. I don't know if they work at actually boosting metabolism or not but they can't really hurt. Best part? The label said that they contain the amount of caffeine of one cup of coffee. SO, maybe with that boost of caffeine, I can lose the nightly coffee! We shall see, anyway.

Ugh. Sorry. I did NOT mean to ramble on about this sugar stuff. That's why I hesitated even mentioning it here to start with. 

Lucky for ya'll, I have some actual werk to do today so I'd best sign off. Cio!

Comments

JenMarie said…
Sometimes just talking about it really helps plan it out. It does for me anyway.

At least you're trying. I think that's going in the right direction.

:)
Heather said…
Hope you're back on that wagon and having a decent week! How was lunch with your ssiter?
Jana said…
Sorta back on the wagon. But only sorta. This week is not the best time of the month to give up sweets. Blech. But I'm trying.

As for lunch with Sis2, that's a whole 'nother blog post. I'll hafta tackle that one sometime soon. Hopefully the week will chill at some point soon. *fingers crossed*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today