Back in Action

Action laced with pain killers, that is. Stripping is hard work. Stripping furniture, that is. I'd show you pics but I'm lame and didn't take any. When I "get in the zone" of a project, I tend to only slightly muse that "hm, I should take a pic to document" and then I keep working and the camera stays in its bag on the mudroom table.

I'm still working on stripping/sanding the small wood chest of drawers. So far I've sanded three different Saturdays and stripped it one Saturday. Apparently I was supposed to, like, strip it first. See statement above about my lameness. *shrugs* Both sanding and stripping are hard work, though, especially when you're a) out of shape b) over thirty and c) don't know what you're doing. And so far I'm $36 into this project and about ready to just dump the thing in the trash and call it a day paint it and be done with it. Who knew deciding to re-stain it would be such a PITA? Probably a lot of people who just didn't wanna tell me. Meanwhile, I've got a gallon of paint that's just BEGGING to go on some walls and no time to help it out. Also, my muscles are all like "What the crap are you DOING to us?"

Seriously. Stripping brings out a whole new set of muscles I never knew I had.

Heh.

Sis1 and Emmy were supposed to come this past weekend for Emmy's birthday party but Sis2 and all her family were sick with a nasty stomach bug so we postponed the party until this coming weekend. Meaning, I got an unexpected Saturday to work on the chest this weekend but next weekend is all party all the time. Almost literally. Saturday morning party, Saturday afternoon Breaking Dawn, Sunday afternoon Library Showcase Gala at work...which I have to work at. Blech. The weekend after that is the weekend after Thanksgiving which will probably be busy with something or other. Either flea market or some family junk. I think Mama's working on getting me to ditch the flea market so that I can babysit Efan so that Sis2 can go to the flea market. Nice, right? The Saturday after THAT I have to work. So maybe sometime before Christmas I'll get the chest stained and poly'd. The gallon of paint may have to wait until Spring Christmas vacation.

But anyway, all that rambling aside, here's a little 411 on what was up with me last week (in a nutshell). A.) I was disastrously PMSing. 2.) I found out that Sis1, Emmy and BIL are ditching us for his family on Thanksgiving (and Sis2 and her family are NEVER around on T-day) 3.) My place at any given Thanksgiving table was in limbo because of, well, it's complicated (my crazy jacked up family) and D.) Did I mention the disastrous PMS? Yeah. I was a total wreck last week all because my hormones teamed up with my crazy family life. I'm (mostly) over it now. I think. I don't think I'd have been THAT upset over the family issues had I not been completely run over with PMS. It was the worst (all around) it's been in a WHILE. I'll spare you all the gruesome details.

You're welcome!

Comments

Aunt B said…
Glad you're feeling better!!
JenMarie said…
Glad to have you back!
Heather said…
Glad you're feeling better, but sorry you won't have quite the family Thanksgiving you were looking forward to. Here's hoping the upcoming weekend helps make up for that!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today