Gingerbread and Trees

One of the more awesome exhibits from the Showcase Gala was this...

It is a gingerbread replica of the library. Two of the staff from the Instructional Media department built it. It's super awesome. The details are just amazing and I can't imagine how they pulled it off. Super talent, I guess.


 Below, is allegedly our dean as portrayed by a gingerbread person. It's pretty much spot on, right down to the demon eyes pearls.

At this particular exhibit, the two who created the replica were also hosting a "decorate your own gingerbread person" party. The kids, especially enjoyed this one, though I must say at least three of the staff I work with made their own, too. I didn't because I was too busy searching for the buffet table. :-D

As was the case last time there was a tour of trees on the fourth floor. This year's weren't quite as interesting but they were pretty.


A Glistening Forrest of Christmas Trees

Winter Wonderland

I forgot what this one's theme was...my bad!


Marti Gras-esque

The International Tree

Silver and Gold


Team Spirit/University Archives


Recipe Tree with recipe's submitted by Library Staff

Library "Family" Tree with Photos of
Library Staff--Not me 'cause I refused to submit one.

 Antique Ornament Collection
 Unfortunately, this is all I've got. I was, you know, werking, so photography time was limited. Thanks to my friend, B, though, there is a group mugshot to be seen...

Em, Me, D, and DD

That's one for the garden, for sure!

Comments

JenMarie said…
Wow, beautiful photos! Esp that first one!

I love all of the themed trees.
Jana said…
Thanks! I'm still in such awe of that gingerbread library. :-D
Heather said…
Pretty trees, and the gingerbread building is awesome. Reminds me of the Casas for CASA event they have here -- different groups make gingerbread houses to benefit a local charity. Unfortunately, I've yet to make it to the event to get pictures. One of these days...

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today