Makin' Stuff
I've seen a ton of DIY'd little Christmas trees around the internets over the past few years made of various materials such as card stock or floral cones. I always thought, "I could do that." My favorites were this one (the wax paper tree) and this one. Well, I tried both and ended up with a big fat mess. And lots of burned fingers.
I had already bought two floral cones--one smallish one from Dollar Tree and one bigger one from Wal-Mart so I knew I had to use them for SOMETHING. And then it came to me...Yarn trees!
I still had some soft white yarn left from the afghans I'd made Lyssa and Efan when they were babies and I had a box of corsage pins--you know, the ones with the pearl on the head?
A trio of white Christmas trees.
As you can see, I filled in the flat top with the corsage pins to give it more of a tree look and then just stuck a few around the "trunk" of the tree for some added glam. Also, you can't see from this pic, but I studded the bottom edge with a few, too.
I arranged them on a cake plate stand for some added drama and dressed the stand part with some Dollar Tree Christmas "garland" I already had.
And that is my take on some four dollar DIY Christmas decoration!
I had already bought two floral cones--one smallish one from Dollar Tree and one bigger one from Wal-Mart so I knew I had to use them for SOMETHING. And then it came to me...Yarn trees!
I still had some soft white yarn left from the afghans I'd made Lyssa and Efan when they were babies and I had a box of corsage pins--you know, the ones with the pearl on the head?
I had to paint the green Wallyworld cone to keep the green from showing through but after that it was simply a matter of wrapping each cone in the white yarn and decorating them. It was a slow and tedious process but once it was done, I liked these two so much that I went back to Dollar tree and bought another one to cut in half for a smaller tree and...
Voila!
As you can see, I filled in the flat top with the corsage pins to give it more of a tree look and then just stuck a few around the "trunk" of the tree for some added glam. Also, you can't see from this pic, but I studded the bottom edge with a few, too.
I arranged them on a cake plate stand for some added drama and dressed the stand part with some Dollar Tree Christmas "garland" I already had.
And that is my take on some four dollar DIY Christmas decoration!


Comments
I love the glam! Great pics.