My Buns!
They are tired! I've been workin' my buns just absolutely OFF all day today. We're gearing up for our big library showcase thing and yours truly was put in charge of decorations--as in Christmas decorations. So I loaded up my junk the past couple of days and hauled Christmas from my house to the library. And I gotta tell ya...it's positively weird seeing a bunch of my Christmas stuff in our reference area. lol
It took me a good three hours to get it all set up and THANKFULLY I didn't have any little helpers. And I'm not even being sarcastic, ya'll. I don't really like to share decorating duty with others because I know what I want done and I spend more time explaining things than it would take to actually just do it myself. Hopefully I'll have pics to share Monday. We've got patrons right now or I'd take some pics today. But by waiting to take them, I can be sure that the exhibits are in, too, so I can share those along WITH my Christmas merry making.
Beyond the decorating though, was cleaning. We have paid custodians but they don't do much more than emptying out garbage cans. No dusting. So I dusted all the shelves in the ref. room and picked up visible lint from the carpet just in case they don't get around to vacuuming--a definite possibility. Also straightened up some of the shelves that had gotten kinda wonky.
THEN, on top of that, one of the organizers of the event contacted me this morning and asked me to help gather materials for a last minute exhibit. So that's what I've been doing since I finished my work in the ref. room.
I honestly don't mind the extra projects...it's nice having something different to do. And it's a little exciting to see all the exhibits and such going in. BUT, I'm still dog tired and desperate for a nap. However, a nap will be hard to come by before bedtime.
After I get off work I've got cookies to bake, a devilish pup to snuggle and Chuck todrool over watch. Not to mention that Sis1, BIL(!!) and Emmy are coming in tonight. Thankfully they'll be spending the weekend with the folks since I only have the twin sized guest bed. (Smart thinkin' on my part, amirite? hehe) But who knows if they'll come by my house tonight to visit. I'm anxious to see if BIL is actually still alive, though, since I haven't seen him since the 4th of July. ;-)
Tomorrow is Emmy's birthday party at Sis2's house and afterwards I'm surprising her with a trip to see Breaking Dawn with me and my friends from work. I'm trying to talk Sis2 into going with us but Goofus usually gives her the puppy dog eyes whenever she mentions going anywhere without him especially when he hasta babysit. *rolls eyes*
Speaking of Breaking Dawn, though, Sis1 emailed me yesterday morning all concerned because she'd had a couple of people tell her some weird stuff about it. She asked me had I researched it because a few people had told her that Edward and Bella weren't married when she got pregnant and that the baby is a wolf! lol I told her that not only had I researched it, but that I'd read the dag-gum book and none of the things she'd heard were true. Where do people come up with this stuff? lol I also told her that if it did get a little too risque, I'd be sitting right next to Emmy and would cover her innocent little eyes. :-D
Honestly though, she lets Emmy watch Lifetime movies with her and I've seen some of them get WAY steamier than I'm sure Edward and Bella will. ;-)
Anyway, that's the plan. Party and Breaking Dawn. Then the library gala thing Sunday. Needless to say, I'm gonna have a FULL weekend. I'll be stupid ready for three days off next week!
It took me a good three hours to get it all set up and THANKFULLY I didn't have any little helpers. And I'm not even being sarcastic, ya'll. I don't really like to share decorating duty with others because I know what I want done and I spend more time explaining things than it would take to actually just do it myself. Hopefully I'll have pics to share Monday. We've got patrons right now or I'd take some pics today. But by waiting to take them, I can be sure that the exhibits are in, too, so I can share those along WITH my Christmas merry making.
Beyond the decorating though, was cleaning. We have paid custodians but they don't do much more than emptying out garbage cans. No dusting. So I dusted all the shelves in the ref. room and picked up visible lint from the carpet just in case they don't get around to vacuuming--a definite possibility. Also straightened up some of the shelves that had gotten kinda wonky.
THEN, on top of that, one of the organizers of the event contacted me this morning and asked me to help gather materials for a last minute exhibit. So that's what I've been doing since I finished my work in the ref. room.
I honestly don't mind the extra projects...it's nice having something different to do. And it's a little exciting to see all the exhibits and such going in. BUT, I'm still dog tired and desperate for a nap. However, a nap will be hard to come by before bedtime.
After I get off work I've got cookies to bake, a devilish pup to snuggle and Chuck to
Tomorrow is Emmy's birthday party at Sis2's house and afterwards I'm surprising her with a trip to see Breaking Dawn with me and my friends from work. I'm trying to talk Sis2 into going with us but Goofus usually gives her the puppy dog eyes whenever she mentions going anywhere without him especially when he hasta babysit. *rolls eyes*
Speaking of Breaking Dawn, though, Sis1 emailed me yesterday morning all concerned because she'd had a couple of people tell her some weird stuff about it. She asked me had I researched it because a few people had told her that Edward and Bella weren't married when she got pregnant and that the baby is a wolf! lol I told her that not only had I researched it, but that I'd read the dag-gum book and none of the things she'd heard were true. Where do people come up with this stuff? lol I also told her that if it did get a little too risque, I'd be sitting right next to Emmy and would cover her innocent little eyes. :-D
Honestly though, she lets Emmy watch Lifetime movies with her and I've seen some of them get WAY steamier than I'm sure Edward and Bella will. ;-)
Anyway, that's the plan. Party and Breaking Dawn. Then the library gala thing Sunday. Needless to say, I'm gonna have a FULL weekend. I'll be stupid ready for three days off next week!
Comments
The movie was better than expected. I LOVED it. I hope you guys had fun.
We got there a little after noon for the 1pm showing, had no trouble parking, and only had to wait a few minutes before we were allowed inside the theater. There was one group of women behind us that took up almost an entire row, but since it was only about 3/4 full, it was no big deal. It was pretty good, and I thought they ended at an appropriate place in the story.
I recorded the Packers game while we were gone, so I could watch the highlights when I got home, even though I already knew by then that we had won. The best part about recording it was being able to fast forward through commercials and halftime. And we are now 10 and 0, baby! *Does Snoopy dance*
And yeah, I thought they ended it at a great place, too. Emmy was so funny, though...she gasped, jumped in her seat and then just started giggling at herself. She really enjoyed it.
Yay for your Packers. ;-)