The Agony
Sometimes I feel like all I do is listen to other women gripe about their husbands. All the way to work this morning I got to hear Mama ranting over Daddy. Then at first break E and A spent the whole time griping about THEIR husbands. I'm not even married and I can sympathize with them over the butt-ish behavior of men because...I HEAR ABOUT THEM ALL THE TIME.
Thank GOD I'm not married.
On a related note, I'll be baking cookies this weekend. How is that related? Stress relief. Yes. Stress relief from other people's marriages.
On an unrelated note, us girls all went to the just off campus Chinese joint for lunch today. Heard said around the table:
"I'll sit all over your cooties for hours."
"I'm going to eat your cookie now."
I may or may not have said at least one of those things followed by, "That didn't sound right at all."
Then on the way back they made fun of me for saying "totally."
Good times. Thank GOD for a nine day vacation coming up next week! lol
Also, we were totally hoping the university pres would, like, give us Monday and Tuesday off? But, like, it's Friday and no word yet so we're, like, totally sure we've got to work those two days. Bummer.
Also, also, I just spent thirty minutes looking for a printout that was IN MY HAND. Blergh. I think I need to start my vacation NOW.
Happy Friday, ya'll!
Thank GOD I'm not married.
On a related note, I'll be baking cookies this weekend. How is that related? Stress relief. Yes. Stress relief from other people's marriages.
On an unrelated note, us girls all went to the just off campus Chinese joint for lunch today. Heard said around the table:
"I'll sit all over your cooties for hours."
"I'm going to eat your cookie now."
I may or may not have said at least one of those things followed by, "That didn't sound right at all."
Then on the way back they made fun of me for saying "totally."
Good times. Thank GOD for a nine day vacation coming up next week! lol
Also, we were totally hoping the university pres would, like, give us Monday and Tuesday off? But, like, it's Friday and no word yet so we're, like, totally sure we've got to work those two days. Bummer.
Also, also, I just spent thirty minutes looking for a printout that was IN MY HAND. Blergh. I think I need to start my vacation NOW.
Happy Friday, ya'll!
Comments
And I'll just bet you haven't. :-P~~~ LOL
I'm taking a half a day on Friday and then a half a day on Tuesday next week.
I gott say, when people dis their husbands it creates this wormhole of dissing conversations. It's really hard to break out of that, but women are really bad about that. It's just easier to relate then say, well my hubby did this great thing.
It's easier to work with men.
Ya'll are makin' my heart bleed for ya'll with all this talk of werk. ;-)
No, I know I'm completely spoiled. I don't think I could even work in a secular job after having worked for a university with all it's perks for ten and a half years.