Coconut Bars
I remembered!!
This is the recipe for the coconut/oat bars that I brought to work for our "dessert social" Tuesday.
In case you can't read that...
1 stick margarine (I used salted butter because it's what I had)
1/3 cup oil (I used canola...again, because it's what I had.)
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean paste because...YOU GUESSED IT...It's what I had!)
1 cup coconut
1.5 cups oats (I used old fashioned oats--oatmeal)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray. With mixer, cream margarine, oil and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, and blend well. Add vanilla. Stir in coconut, oats, flour, and salt, and beat well. Pour batter into pan and smooth top with spoon. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars or shapes.
Yield: 24(ish--that's my ish. *g*) bars
Edith Mangnum, Terry.
These are gooey and taste a lot like a blondie. The oats and coconut kind of "melt" into the bar and is just overall yummy. Needless to say, Libby has been harassing me for these since I pulled our batch out of the oven Saturday. lol I skipped the shapes and went strait for bars because, really, who has time for cookie cutters when there's dessert to be eaten? lol
This is the recipe for the coconut/oat bars that I brought to work for our "dessert social" Tuesday.
![]() |
| via Nov./Dec 2010 issue of Unwrapped--A supplement to Mississippi Magazine |
1 stick margarine (I used salted butter because it's what I had)
1/3 cup oil (I used canola...again, because it's what I had.)
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (I used vanilla bean paste because...YOU GUESSED IT...It's what I had!)
1 cup coconut
1.5 cups oats (I used old fashioned oats--oatmeal)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray. With mixer, cream margarine, oil and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, and blend well. Add vanilla. Stir in coconut, oats, flour, and salt, and beat well. Pour batter into pan and smooth top with spoon. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars or shapes.
Yield: 24(ish--that's my ish. *g*) bars
Edith Mangnum, Terry.
These are gooey and taste a lot like a blondie. The oats and coconut kind of "melt" into the bar and is just overall yummy. Needless to say, Libby has been harassing me for these since I pulled our batch out of the oven Saturday. lol I skipped the shapes and went strait for bars because, really, who has time for cookie cutters when there's dessert to be eaten? lol


Comments