Groggy
So. Ya'll remember that cold that was stopping me up the other day? Yeah. It's still hanging around. And while the cold itself isn't all that miserable (yet) the meds I'm taking to kick it to the curb are kicking MY butt.
Nyquil and Dayquil, while I loveth thee more than any other cold medicine, thou art totally kickething my butt like, woah!
I'm all...
I really probably shoulda oughtta stayed at home today and like, you know, slept it off. But, well, I'm a martyr. And also it's kinda a pain to call in sick since my former supervisor retired. I have to call TWO people now and, well, I don't like phones. Which is dumb because it's like I'd rather come to work half drunk on Nyquil and pass out at the reference desk (which I totally didn't do and you can't prove otherwise) instead of just sucking it up and just using the dag-gum phone.
But also again, I get to mope around the office and show off my pitfifullness so that people can be all, "Man, she's so dedicated because I'd have stayed at home but she's just such a good little employee that she came on in anyway because she knew we neeeeeedded her."
Obviously, my co-workers are the queens of run on sentances, too. (sentences? wth do I know?I'm half drunk and hung over.)
So, yeah. Here I am allhungover groggy from Nyquil (and I don't care what they say, Dayquil does TOO make you drowsy) at work wishing I'd just stayed home.
Dag-GUM my aversion to phones and my matyrish tendancies.
Nyquil and Dayquil, while I loveth thee more than any other cold medicine, thou art totally kickething my butt like, woah!
I'm all...
![]() |
| source |
But also again, I get to mope around the office and show off my pitfifullness so that people can be all, "Man, she's so dedicated because I'd have stayed at home but she's just such a good little employee that she came on in anyway because she knew we neeeeeedded her."
Obviously, my co-workers are the queens of run on sentances, too. (sentences? wth do I know?
So, yeah. Here I am all
Dag-GUM my aversion to phones and my matyrish tendancies.

Comments
But take care of yourself this weekend!!
This is how I felt last Saturday. I somehow made it to the bank/store and home, crawled back into my pajamas and slept for hours (but man was I worn out again after the football game, LOL). I completely forgot I still have some Nyquil in the cupboard. Doh.