Today I...
...got to eat lunch with two of the three most awesome kids in the entire world universe. We ate at Chic-fil-A and then came back to the "libary" and rode the "alligator" aaaaaaalllll the way up to the top floor where all the Max and Ruby books are kept. We picked out a TON of books.
...marvelled at the "kid in a candy story" reaction from Lyssa when we entered the juvenile section. "I want this one." "Ooo, look at this one." "I haven't read that one!" "Can we get this one to?" It warms an old aunts heart to see a complete and unabashed love of books from her.
...received an open mouthed kiss from a two-year-old boy. It was...slobbery. Sweet. But slobbery.
...marched across the drill field holding a four-year-old girl's hand while we giggled.
...got to laugh out loud while reading Sis1's email about Emmy's new "attitude problem." Let's just say, if we reap what we sow, Sis1's in for a heck of a time--and Emmy's getting a head start on it!
...responded to Sis1's email with..."Believe it or not, it won't actually kill you. If it did, we'd have become orphans a long time ago." To which she replied, "Ha ha your so funny!"
...realized that the Starbucks at the student union is closed for the rest of the year. But the campus bakery's open and they have Starbucks' lattes AND donuts. Take that, Starbucks!
...took the stairs--THREE TIMES!!
...printed off four new recipes...dag-gum you, How Sweet It Is! My recipe drawer overfloweth. I need a second job just for this new recipe trying addiction. But then when would I have time to cook? What I really need is to be independently wealthy. Yes. Let's make that happen.
And I'm out. Happy Tuesday, ya'll!
...marvelled at the "kid in a candy story" reaction from Lyssa when we entered the juvenile section. "I want this one." "Ooo, look at this one." "I haven't read that one!" "Can we get this one to?" It warms an old aunts heart to see a complete and unabashed love of books from her.
...received an open mouthed kiss from a two-year-old boy. It was...slobbery. Sweet. But slobbery.
...marched across the drill field holding a four-year-old girl's hand while we giggled.
...got to laugh out loud while reading Sis1's email about Emmy's new "attitude problem." Let's just say, if we reap what we sow, Sis1's in for a heck of a time--and Emmy's getting a head start on it!
...responded to Sis1's email with..."Believe it or not, it won't actually kill you. If it did, we'd have become orphans a long time ago." To which she replied, "Ha ha your so funny!"
...realized that the Starbucks at the student union is closed for the rest of the year. But the campus bakery's open and they have Starbucks' lattes AND donuts. Take that, Starbucks!
...took the stairs--THREE TIMES!!
...printed off four new recipes...dag-gum you, How Sweet It Is! My recipe drawer overfloweth. I need a second job just for this new recipe trying addiction. But then when would I have time to cook? What I really need is to be independently wealthy. Yes. Let's make that happen.
And I'm out. Happy Tuesday, ya'll!
Comments
What can I say? We are CELEBRATING. :-D