What I got
Though Christmas is nearly a month past, while looking through my photo files, I realized that I took pics of what I received from my loved ones this past December. As you know, I'm all into overshare and since I have nothing better to write about (unless you just want to hear about my early mourning period of tonight being one of the last two episodes of Chuck EVER!) here the are, in no particular order.
This is a plate/platter that Mama and I stumbled across while shopping in Tupelo the first Friday of December. We were actually looking for something to get Sis1 for Christmas and when we saw this, Mama was all, "This would look perfect in her den." And I was all, "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? This would look perfect in my house." So we walked away from it because if I couldn't have it Sis1 sure wasn't gonna get it because I'm a selfish hussy that way. But then Mama sent me out of the store so I kinda knew I was getting this. (She got it from Kirkland's in case anyone wants to/needs to know.)
A cast iron skillet, also from the parental units. I asked for it because all the time I was growing up this was what Mama cooked in. And I learned to cook in a cast iron skillet. It wasn't until we were teens and Daddy won a fancy nonstick cookware set at his company Christmas party that Mama put her cast iron away. I've used it a few times since Christmas and I now fully recall why I loved the cast iron. :) Eventually I plan on using it to make a deep dish pizza. YUM.
A stainless steel skillet with a lid, also from the parental units. Again, I asked for one. Stainless are terrific for frying and I needed a larger skillet to scramble the 3-4 lbs of sausage I used to make sausage balls. I've used it a couple times since Christmas--once for said sausage and once for frying venison. It is mah-velous. ;-)
This bowl and rolling pin came from Sis2. She saw the bowl at TJMaxx and said it whispered my name. The rolling pin, I asked for. I used it when I made my pizza crust last weekend. Also used it when making some failed biscuits the other night. Love them both.
This is the whole kit and caboodle which is the only pic I have of the black sheets Sis1 got me. The black sheets I had were about six years old, faded and had a new hole in them. So when Sis1 asked me what was on my Christmas list I said, "Black sheets, full size." She said, "Done."
I also got three sets of Avon jewelry from Mama but I forgot to photograph them. Trust me, though. They're beautiful.
My absolute favorite gift though, was this:
Lyssa and Efan made these for me. Aren't they they just the sweetest things ever?
In case you can't see the portrait well enough:
In its new home on my fridge. I can't help but giggle every time I open the freezer door. Too. Cute.
And that's a wrap on what I got for Christmas. And a wrap for me today. I'm headed out.
Happy Weekend!
This is a plate/platter that Mama and I stumbled across while shopping in Tupelo the first Friday of December. We were actually looking for something to get Sis1 for Christmas and when we saw this, Mama was all, "This would look perfect in her den." And I was all, "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? This would look perfect in my house." So we walked away from it because if I couldn't have it Sis1 sure wasn't gonna get it because I'm a selfish hussy that way. But then Mama sent me out of the store so I kinda knew I was getting this. (She got it from Kirkland's in case anyone wants to/needs to know.)
A cast iron skillet, also from the parental units. I asked for it because all the time I was growing up this was what Mama cooked in. And I learned to cook in a cast iron skillet. It wasn't until we were teens and Daddy won a fancy nonstick cookware set at his company Christmas party that Mama put her cast iron away. I've used it a few times since Christmas and I now fully recall why I loved the cast iron. :) Eventually I plan on using it to make a deep dish pizza. YUM.
A stainless steel skillet with a lid, also from the parental units. Again, I asked for one. Stainless are terrific for frying and I needed a larger skillet to scramble the 3-4 lbs of sausage I used to make sausage balls. I've used it a couple times since Christmas--once for said sausage and once for frying venison. It is mah-velous. ;-)
This bowl and rolling pin came from Sis2. She saw the bowl at TJMaxx and said it whispered my name. The rolling pin, I asked for. I used it when I made my pizza crust last weekend. Also used it when making some failed biscuits the other night. Love them both.
This is the whole kit and caboodle which is the only pic I have of the black sheets Sis1 got me. The black sheets I had were about six years old, faded and had a new hole in them. So when Sis1 asked me what was on my Christmas list I said, "Black sheets, full size." She said, "Done."
I also got three sets of Avon jewelry from Mama but I forgot to photograph them. Trust me, though. They're beautiful.
My absolute favorite gift though, was this:
Lyssa and Efan made these for me. Aren't they they just the sweetest things ever?
In case you can't see the portrait well enough:
In its new home on my fridge. I can't help but giggle every time I open the freezer door. Too. Cute.
And that's a wrap on what I got for Christmas. And a wrap for me today. I'm headed out.
Happy Weekend!







Comments
I really love that idea with the popsicle sticks, too! How fun!